1.    #1  
    I was thinking about getting the pre plus I returned my Droid a few weeks ago because it was just not polished enough for me. I was wondering are there any turn by turn navigation apps on or coming to WebOS
    If you get it with sprint you get sprint navigation thats awsome by the way. If you get it with verizon you get VZ navigator i dont know how great it is. Other than that there is google maps but im sure there will be more navigation options shortly.
    The Pre Plus has the Verizon Navigation app already on the phone, I am told. However, it does require an additional monthly charge to use.

FWIW - the Sprint Navigation app on the standard Pre is free.
    You also have the option of Google maps which doesn't speak directions but will report your exact location.
  5.    #5  
    Ya I know about the VZ Nav which is like 5 bucks a month or something I have winmo phone right now with garmin turn by turn for free. I guess I will have to try it out and wait for some navigation apps to hit wonder why they haven't yet.

Question: Does the google maps show the direction you traveling or just a little blue dot all the time? (on winmo it turns into an arrow)
    It's just a blue dot. But it does show the line detailing where you should head, I believe it includes a loop if your going the wrong way, and it updates so often you can tell which way your traveling if you look at it for 3-4 seconds.
  7.    #7  
    thanks I will probably check it out
    I must say, Sprint Nav makes my stand alone $200 GPS device obsolete. And its free to boot!! Plus it offers things that my GPS device doesn't, like traffic alerts and more up to date business searches. I love it.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    I must say, Sprint Nav makes my stand alone $200 GPS device obsolete. And its free to boot!! Plus it offers things that my GPS device doesn't, like traffic alerts and more up to date business searches. I love it.
    Sprint Nav would definately be the most life-changing feature with the phone for me. I have always been terrible with directions but now I just ask for an address and let the Pre lead me there, while listening to Pandora at the same time of course
    I just upgraded to a Pre from a Centro on Verizon. I had Garmin MobileXT on my Centro and had to use a Keychain GPS device. Is there a way to use the Centro's Garmin MobileXT software on my Pre and its internal GPS?
    No turn by turn on the Pre Plus besides VZ Navigator?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    No turn by turn on the Pre Plus besides VZ Navigator?
    Folks on this site have figured out a way to run Telenav (Sprint's app) on the Pre Plus. You can get a subscription for $10/month directly from Telenav. The account is tied to your phone number. Its a great application with a very nice Web interface.

I load my destination address into the web portal and it gets synced to my phone when I get in my car.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have been using VZ Nav for a few days and, so far, it is not a keeper. The cost is $10 a month and the features are very basic. For some reason, I have not been able to get a consistent GPS lock. I live in Cincinnati and it worked OK there. I have been traveling this week and it has been useless in the Grand Rapids area. I will continue to use it for the next month to give it a good test. But, my initial impression is not good. I may check out the TelNav program. But, if the phone has GPS issues, it won't matter what nav program I am running.

I have tested the VZ Nav against the TomTom software on my old Treo 700p with the blue tooth GPS receiver and the Treo has worked great. Unfortunately, the Pre can't use the blue tooth receiver.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digorykirk View Post
    For some reason, I have not been able to get a consistent GPS lock.
    Have you tried powering your phone off and rebooting it yet? My Pre was whining for 45 minutes over the weekend about a weak GPS signal in Sprint Nav, and then the signal faded to nothing. It was telling me to make turns on roads that were 5 miles or more behind me, and seemed like it didn't know where I was. After 10 minutes of fiddling with the phone in a rest area, I finally rebooted it as a last resort. The GPS worked fine after that.....
    I was using my sprint nav when all of a sudden it said'accident ahead,,,,re route' then found me the next best route in about 10 secs,,incredible. Love it,,and its free.