Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    just saw this in the app cat. 10 dollas is a little expensive for me with no reviews, anyone willing to let us know what it's all about? I know it's from laminar research that makes x-plane and it's a mech sim and that's about all I got.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    It has gaint robots 'nuff said.

Try looking for the iphone review, says it's on the iphone to.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Looks like a Mechwarrior Sim
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I second that, looks interesting. I found the review for the iPhone version:

www pocketgamer co uk/r/iPhone/Giant+Fighting+Robots/review.asp?c=13404

(Sorry cant post links yet, awesome)
    Why can't these high priced programs come out for 99 cents on the first day only. That would allow more of us to check them out and give reviews. But for many to be 10.00 or more is just hard for people to swallow. Sure, there is the loss of revenue to start. I would like to see a review by Apple or Palm showing a graph for downloads -vs- profit. I can't believe that 10.00 is the best value price point for phone type programs.
    look...lets be realistic here. In the next 3-4 months...we will have more games then we will know what to do with, gameboy, nintendo, super nintendo, genesis, maybe even playstation emulators will be out...and a complete catalog of games on the internet to download. So if your worried about games...relax...you wont be able to play all the games you will have access to soon enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Why can't these high priced programs come out for 99 cents on the first day only. That would allow more of us to check them out and give reviews...
    That's an interesting idea, but I think the free demo route, like what Asphalt 5 just did, is a more viable model. I really don't see anyone wanting to cut into their day 1 sales. Just speculation here, but I'd guess that's the biggest selling day for a lot of apps.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so.. it says multiplayer with your friends. if this is correct, and not a typo like the other games that said multiplayer, that would be very exciting.

can anyone confirm the multiplayer?
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so.. it says multiplayer with your friends. if this is correct, and not a typo like the other games that said multiplayer, that would be very exciting.

can anyone confirm the multiplayer?
    Their other game, X-Plane, has multiplayer options for wifi but since I only have one Pre I don't know for sure if they work.
    Another Idea could be for sprint, verison or Palm to offer a discount coupon every now and then for power subscribers or frequent downloaders.
    or perhaps palm to send us sprint users who really served as the beta testers of webos some coupons
    its $4.99 on App Store...
    Just saying. Devs are trying to cash in with WebOS. Though it is nearly a year old.
    Looks really good though, and it got really good reviews in the App Store.

Im getting tempted...
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    or perhaps palm to send us sprint users who really served as the beta testers of webos some coupons
    Hahaha.. you feel that way to eh? The price we pay for living on the edge.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Agreed. $10 is a little hard to swallow for a game... i've done it once now... still $6.99 is harsh to but I understand I guess. Then again they are just ported games not like they were re-made exclusively for the pre.
    I bought it but it says too many cards running when I launch it. Maybe some custom patch I have fries it but its not looking too promising from my angle..

Scott