Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just noticed that there is now a FREE (as in beer) version of Asphalt 5 in the App Catalog. Sweet, finally a way to start testing the apps before dropping $5-10 on them??? Hopefully.

Doesn't say what makes it a free version, or how it differs from the paid.... Maybe it only works for a certain period of time, or only certain features are available? Anyone check it out yet?
    i'm downloading it now. it's taking a while.
    just finished it downloading it.. its 67 megs. anyone know how big the regular game is?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Almost peed myself when I saw it.
    It's most likely a timed demo or just the first level. Good to see some demos though.

***Edit
    Just finished downloading. It's fun; one stage, two cars to choose from and a time limit. Hopefully we'll start seeing more demos *cough* Assasin's Creed.
    Last edited by NC-Mc; 01/27/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Finished downloading game
    cool ima check that, it would be nice to have demo versions of the games, so far i have

Assasin's Creed
    &
    Need For Speed Undercover

and so far both games are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Just noticed that there is now a FREE (as in beer) version of Asphalt 5 in the App Catalog. Sweet, finally a way to start testing the apps before dropping $5-10 on them??? Hopefully.
    I think we'll see more free demos if this one works out for Gameloft. The download numbers for all apps are publicly accessible, so I think other companies will take a look at how the Asphalt 5 (paid version) app count increased after the release of the demo. If the numbers go up significantly, I bet we'll see other demos appear.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    just d/l'ed it, I would have never known how fun the game really is without this demo. It's a blast. Heading to buy it.
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Not available in the UK app catalogue why?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    You have your choice of the Audi TT or the Nissan Z.

Just one track, one and a half laps.
    Last edited by RafRol; 01/27/2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    i just started downloading itt! i think all games should have a free version so people can try it before they dropp up to $10 on these apps
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    just d/l'ed it, I would have never known how fun the game really is without this demo. It's a blast. Heading to buy it.
    That's the damn truth!!
    Damn skippy!!
    yeah it's a shame it's not available in the UK app catalogue they should definitely add it...
    OK, this changed my mind about paying for games on the Pre. Great control, great graphics.

I like my Pre with all the tweeks/patches but never thought much of it for gaming. The free Demo has changed my mind and has me buying the full version.

I hope more demos become available. (But my wallet hopes not)
    Wow, I am impressed. I can't believe how good the game play is. The control was easier than I anticipated based on how bad I do in most racing games - the steering is always way too sensitive. I kind of got a little motion-sick though.. Might not be many phone racing games in my future.
    Why the hell is this not available in th UK. What is going on. We have to wait for paid apps as it is and then they rub salt into the wound by not allowing us this one demonstration of why we updated our phones. Grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Why the hell is this not available in th UK. What is going on. We have to wait for paid apps as it is and then they rub salt into the wound by not allowing us this one demonstration of why we updated our phones. Grrrr.
    I would say it's an oversight on the developer's part in not selecting worldwide when submitting the app, or they didn't want to aggravate people that can't buy the app yet even more by letting them play the demo. Talk about a tease! I bet it would cause an even bigger flood of incoming mail to Palm asking them to release the full catalog worldwide, which would probably be a good thing, assuming they have the resources to work out whatever is holding it up.
    Obviously the resources are not available yet to release the full app catalog worldwide but you'd think they could throw us a bone. If it wasn't for homebrew and all the guys involved we'd have nothing.
    anyone get any other apps to run while playing the Demo? I need to shut down all other apps in order to get it to launch, play is nice and smooth, but when I put it in the background, I cannot even load SMS or Email or anything, just get the Too Many cards message. Doesn't it take memory for them to put that stupid message up anyhow? Or maybe they can just change the message to say no more memory available since it obviously is not too many cards, when its only 1....Come on Palm....
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Is there a difference in the UK version of webos?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast