Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    anyone get any other apps to run while playing the Demo? I need to shut down all other apps in order to get it to launch, play is nice and smooth, but when I put it in the background, I cannot even load SMS or Email or anything, just get the Too Many cards message. Doesn't it take memory for them to put that stupid message up anyhow? Or maybe they can just change the message to say no more memory available since it obviously is not too many cards, when its only 1....Come on Palm....
    No problem here. Had SMS open when I launched it, and got a notification at the bottom of the screen (landscape) while it was loading. Switched back (granted, very slowly) and read the SMS, then switched back to the game and played it.

Somehow I wind up on the roof of that building every time I play.
    is there a limit on how many times the free version can be played? i downloaded the game this morning on the bus and messed around with it a bit, but then tonight when i launched the game i can no longer play. i just see a button to purchase the full version.
    I have taken the files of the Asphalt 5 Free Demo v1.07 (3 min playable) and put them up for download for whoever wants it outside the USA. You have to put it on your phone using WebOS Quick Install or Terminal , with very detailed step by step instructions.

*Updated link with updated instructions*
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2N702RN8

no virus, no password.

Also useful for the people that updated the demo to 1.08, which apparently doesn't allow you to play anymore, it just shows you a bit of the game. This will let you downgrade.
    Last edited by abel_s; 01/28/2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: updated link
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abel_s View Post
    I have taken the files of the Asphalt 5 Free Demo v1.07 (3 min playable) and put them up for download for whoever wants it outside the USA. You have to put it on your phone using Terminal though, but with very detailed step by step instructions.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

no virus, no password.

Also useful for the people that updated the demo to 1.08, which doesn't allow you to play anymore, it just shows you a bit of the game. This will let you downgrade.
    I don't need it but this is cool of you!! I was going to do the same but.. I didn't know if there was a difference in UK's webos that would prohibit them from using this demo. Good deal!! Hope they can play!
    Sounds good will try this when I get home as haven't got usb cable with me. Can anyone report back if this is working on O2 UK pre. Many thanks abel s, will let you know how I get on.
    Just to confirm, followed abel's instructions and have demo installed on O2 UK phone, awesome at last. Abel S, you are the man. Many thanks, Stu.
    Don't beleive it !!!!!!!!!!! handed phone to my mate to play whilst typing this reply, demo ran out and I haven't even had a go.
    yes it does that, after 3 consecutive tries... but if you re-install it.. it'll work again... or you wait it out some time.
    i would have liked to pack it up into an automatic installer ipk file (then you can install it with quick install), but i'm not that advanced, and i don't want to reinstall linux on the virtual machine to learn it at the moment.
    That would be cool, don't know if someone here could do that. It's not within my ability unfortunately. Still, at least I got to see a bit of the game. Thanks again for the info.
    So if I follow your instructions again, it should run again ?
    When you say wait it out, do you mean it will play again after a certain time ?
    yes apparently it lets you play after a while,.

or you can uninstall it (device info>more info (at the bottom)>software tab at top, find the game and touch to delete it)

and re do the whole thing again.
    Cool, thanks for the tip.
    ***UPDATE*** you can just copy and paste those commands with WebOS Quick Install > Tools > Linux Command Line WAY FASTER
    Will try that now.
    updated link for the USA Asphalt 5 Demo v1.07 with instructions for WebOS Quick Install (using command line) or Terminal

found here MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Nice one mate, can confirm that works with WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with this demo that I have with Scrabble... the icon highlights when I select it, but no app opens, and then the icon de-highlights, and that's it. Anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    I have the same problem with this demo that I have with Scrabble... the icon highlights when I select it, but no app opens, and then the icon de-highlights, and that's it. Anyone else had this problem?
    re-install it... that's usually because the actual app files are gone, and the shortcut leads nowhere.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abel_s View Post
    re-install it... that's usually because the actual app files are gone, and the shortcut leads nowhere.
    Thanks... I re-downloaded and re-installed Scrabble many times, never worked. Will try again with this demo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12