1.    #1  
    I purchased this calculator so I wouldn't have to carry around my HP scientific calculator to convert between hex/octal/binary/decimal when programming, but I don't see the keys for entering the upper 6 hex digits (A-F). Have I just not had enough coffee yet?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You didn't indicate which calculator but wouldn't you just type "A" from the keyboard?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    You didn't indicate which calculator but wouldn't you just type "A" from the keyboard?
    I didn't indicate which calculator because I was posting in i-marco's forum, and he's only got one calculator for webos (the RPN scientific). Sorry for not being more specific.

Even if typing 'A' on the keyboard worked, that would be an unacceptable solution. He's emulating the HP scientific calculators with an interface which uses on-screen keys. I doubt seriously anyone would design an interface in which some keystrokes are entered on one keyboard, and some on a different keyboard. But the issue is moot, because the application locks the hardware keyboard into the mode which generates (decimal) digits, not letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkline View Post
    I purchased this calculator so I wouldn't have to carry around my HP scientific calculator to convert between hex/octal/binary/decimal when programming, but I don't see the keys for entering the upper 6 hex digits (A-F). Have I just not had enough coffee yet?
    I don't think that there currently is a Hex to Decimal conversion. Ask Marco for it. He has been very responsive in the past.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't think that there currently is a Hex to Decimal conversion. Ask Marco for it. He has been very responsive in the past.
    I assume he reads this forum, so please consider this a request for finishing the implementation of support for hex/octal/binary/decimal conversion, Marco.

Thanks.
    I assume he reads this forum, so please consider this a request for finishing the implementation of support for hex/octal/binary/decimal conversion, Marco.

Thanks.
    I see that he hasn't posted since November, so maybe you should email him. His address is in the application's About or Help menu items.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I see that he hasn't posted since November, so maybe you should email him. His address is in the application's About or Help menu items.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.
  8.    #8  
    Unfortunately, it appears that he's not answering email messages, either.
    Unfortunately, it appears that he's not answering email messages, either.
    He must have lost interest or have been sidetracked by another project. If somebody else should wish to tackle it, the source is available here.

TheMarco's Scientific-RPN-Calculator at master - GitHub
    Since there are enough yellow function slots left I'm considering adding hex entry now. Shouldn't be too big a deal. Adding it to my list!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, but I eventually gave up and switched to a phone whose vendor and third-party developers actually responded on a timely basis. I'm sure others will appreciate the enhancement, though.
    Thanks, but I eventually gave up and switched to a phone whose vendor and third-party developers actually responded on a timely basis. I'm sure others will appreciate the enhancement, though.
    Yeah well see I don't get paid to work on this besides the app catalog revenues which pretty much equate to working for way below minimum wages so I'm sorry about that. I had a baby son and for well over a year I just didn't really get to doing any coding besides at work.

Also, it's pretty ridiculous to blame a whole platform for one developer having life get in the way of pushing updates. I'm sure Android / iOS developers who were/are in the same boat as i was are not any different.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD