1.    #1  
    Did anyone happen to download an app called freebooks by spreadsong?

Well...I did too and recently I Doctored my Pre and went into the App catalog to redownload it and found that it is missing!!!

this app was amazing to say the least! It allowed you to download over 30,000 (i think) classic books for free!

So I did some research and found that it is a company that made the app for I-Phone.

I need all of you to email them and get this app back into Palm's app catalog!!!

you wont be disappointed...Here is a link to their email. It will take all of 2 minutes just to send them an email letting them know you wsant to see their app in Palm's catalog.

Spreadsong - putting the free in free.

Obviously...the more people email them...the better a chance we will see this amazing app ported!

-Lets pull together peeps!!!
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/25/2010 at 08:45 PM.
    I wonder what happened. I was like halfway through Anna Karenina. That book is so long, and now I don't have it anymore. Not cool...
    Got a response already:

We'd love to have Free Books on Palm! Unfortunately, it's been a total disaster so far- we submitted Free Books as a $1.99 app and Palm put it on as free. Totally unacceptable. Bigger problem was, it took two weeks to get it removed, and we haven't been able to get ahold of someone who can fix the problem and get us online, even after emailing every week for two months. Total radio silence on their end.

I'm really hoping they get their act together one of these times, but with the #1 and #2 Book apps on the iPhone, it's just making less and less sense to bother with webOS. Sorry I don't have better news!
    Can any developers help these guys with the process? I'm guessing they didn't do anything wrong before, but if anyone has an inside contact that could facilitate the process, I would be grateful. You can contact them directly through the link in darkheart's post above. They got back to me within hours of my question. Thanks!
    Same happened to me. You can get some of the classics like Anna Karenina for free through the Shortcovers-now-Kobo while you wait.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gettinapre View Post
    Got a response already:

Can any developers help these guys with the process? I'm guessing they didn't do anything wrong before, but if anyone has an inside contact that could facilitate the process, I would be grateful. You can contact them directly through the link in darkheart's post above. They got back to me within hours of my question. Thanks!
    Wow, that is absolutely awful news. I sure hope there is some explanation and this is only an isolated occurrence, but news that Palm is treating developers this way is an ominous sign.
    Hey guys, found this on a quick Google search- we're back the App Catalog!

We got everything squared away with Palm, and once we got through to some higher-ups they were really wonderful in getting things fixed for us. Nightmarish beforehand, smooth afterwards. Same app as before, but this time it's staying up for good

Check it out under books, same app, same unoriginal name, same absurdly enormous collection, new less hammer and sickle-ish icon.