Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to give a shout out for the Weather Dashboard app in the official app catalog. Very handy little app that does exactly what it promises in an unobtrusive way. Also, the developer is very responsive and customer service oriented, and has already released an update to the app that includes at least one change in response to user suggestions.

BTW, I have no relation to the app or the developer, just a very satisfied customer.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I also have this app and it is GREAT. Thanks for your hard work.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    OK great app, really enjoying it. Just one question. Once you have it running, in the dashboard, how do you get it to open to access options again? I have tried to open it with it still running in the dashboard and also tried swiping it off the dashboard, then opening and it only flashes then opens in the dashboard again. Probably going to be a 'duh' moment once I find out. TIA
    If you tap the notification, it'll cycle to the day's forecast, and then the next day's forecast, then give you an options button.
  5.    #5  
    Just for further calrification...when you've scrolled (tapped) through the forecats to the options pane, the first symbol (crossed hammer and wrench) will open the settings, while tapping the arrows symbol will refresh the forecast on demand (keep in mind that the weather will only be as current as the Yahoo! service updates it, as noted in fine print on the options pane.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I agree with the OP - very creative use of WebOS' unique notification system! I wish someone would come up with a news version, for example.
    I was having a problem installing Weather Dashboard Lite. I emailed the developer and he responded very quickly to say that he had identified a problem with place names and streets that had special characters. He was in the process of developed a new version. I tested it out and it works for me. He will be submitting a revised version to Palm soon.

Can't ask for better response from a developer. I'll be buying the full version.
    does the icon change depending on the weather or is it always an umbrella? i'd much prefer actual icon depicting the current weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    does the icon change depending on the weather or is it always an umbrella? i'd much prefer actual icon depicting the current weather.
    Always an umbrella that I've seen. And a nitpick of mine is that the icon is slightly too large and gets cut off just a tiny bit.

But yeah, I said this in the App Catalog review, but Weather Dashboard is the weather app that I'd been waiting for ever since I first saw the dashboard notifications at that first CES.
    thanks - sounds picky but i'd buy this in a heartbeat if the icon would change with the weather-- crazy i know! developer - is this possible?
    thanks - sounds picky but i'd buy this in a heartbeat if the icon would change with the weather-- crazy i know! developer - is this possible?
    You might want to email the developer, their address is almost always in the "Help" or "Support" page in webOS apps - so you could get it from trying the lite version, and I find that most of them I've emailed have been very responsive.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thank you so much! I thought I touched that screen but I guess I didn't cause it works now.
    Yep...love the app too! It had some issues at first when it would find my city using GPS, but then in the app itself would display it as "not setup" until you swipe the notification off the screen and let it pop up again. But that's been fixed already! Great app!
    This app is very cool, just showed it to a friend who said "I wonder if my iPhone can do that, but I don't think so as it only does one thing at a time..."

Japanese feature phones had something similar under their home screen for years, but this takes the good stuff and improves it by adding the webOS GUI and GPS integration. Simply fantastic, this is what all phones should do.

One little issue, though, is that two great weather apps showed up on the same week: This and Whendle(love the local photos). Add to that my old favorite: bWeather (which gives more details from Weatherbug), and I end up having three weather apps running at the same time all day
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Always an umbrella that I've seen. And a nitpick of mine is that the icon is slightly too large and gets cut off just a tiny bit.

But yeah, I said this in the App Catalog review, but Weather Dashboard is the weather app that I'd been waiting for ever since I first saw the dashboard notifications at that first CES.
    FWIW, I had already emailed the dev regarding the relevance of the umbrella icon (personally, I liked the original sunshine icon--just seemed more universal to me, especially after living for three years recently where it seldom ever rains) as well as the possibility of changing it with the wx. I also mentioned the issue of the "settings" and "refresh" graphics being a little too large (although I hadn't previously noticed the umbrella getting cut off at the bottom). Anyhoo, he was grateful for the feedback and always seems responsive to communication. That said, I'd encourage you to continue sending him thoughts and suggestions for continued development of this app. If it's this good now, just think how much gooder it's gonna get as the ideas keep flying!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Its truly a fantastic app and shows that you really don't need Widgets on WebOS..(or maybe you do, but not for weather!)
    I agree...this was one of the first apps I downloaded. For 2 bucks..can't beat it! BTW...I've only had my Palm for 3 days and love it
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    FWIW, I had already emailed the dev regarding the relevance of the umbrella icon (personally, I liked the original sunshine icon--just seemed more universal to me, especially after living for three years recently where it seldom ever rains) as well as the possibility of changing it with the wx. I also mentioned the issue of the "settings" and "refresh" graphics being a little too large (although I hadn't previously noticed the umbrella getting cut off at the bottom). Anyhoo, he was grateful for the feedback and always seems responsive to communication. That said, I'd encourage you to continue sending him thoughts and suggestions for continued development of this app. If it's this good now, just think how much gooder it's gonna get as the ideas keep flying!

ME
    i emailed the developer and he did email me right back-- then a very short time after that he emailed again stating he figured out how to have the icon change with the weather! this was yesterday. now that is responsive!
    Pretty awesome app.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I hope we can have weather alerts in the near future for our area...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast