Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Don't think I've seen this; however, with this version (1.2.1) and the previous one, occasionally the app doesn't update for quite a few hours. It seems that this is an app issue rather than a Yahoo! weather update issue because I have mine set to track my location (I live and work in different communities) and update hourly--when there's no update the city stays the same even though I have moved locations; if it was just an old weather report when the app checked it, it should still at least update my location even if the report was from earlier. I did email Matt about this a couple weeks ago and he acknowledged some issues that he was working to fix, but even with the latest update I still occasionally have this issue. No biggie at present because it works correctly most of the time, but still hope it's fixed soon.

UPDATE: Whoa...no sooner did I write this I checked the app site and see an new update (1.3.0) is listed. Hopefully it'll hit the App Cat shortly...and fix any current issues.

Not sure what makes me a "forum basher" or the "forum police," but no offense was intended and my comment was simply to direct a seemingly misplaced question to an appropriate thread, since there is another app called Weather Now. One of the ideas behind such a forum is that the community works together to keep conversations on topic so as to remain useful to readers. I think your opening line says all that's needed, that is, "Oops, I really did mean Weather Dashboard." That said, we now know that you're in the right place and hopefully can respond in some helpful way. Not sure why you felt the need to end with an implied accusation of bashing and policing in some negative way.

ME
    no problem man, i understand helping the community stay on track but some people go over borad with that and getting on the newbies 2 hard when search functions arent alway the best way b/c of results can vary.....

patiently waiting for latest update...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  2.    #42  
    Thanks, imex99.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a weather app that actually sends me severe weather alerts. I realize I can sign up for these on some services, but they are not dynamic enough. What I really want is a background process running on my Pre that checks where I am and then if there's an alert for the area (that I haven't already received) it notifies me with a link to open the app to see the full text of the alert. It doesn't seem like any of the current offerings do this at this point. I think some iPhone apps do - I've seen reference to iPhone push notifications? Anyway, looking for this as it seems like the pieces are out there but no one has brought them together just yet... Maybe part of this is that apps can't activate location services if the device's screen is off? Hope they are going to change this - or already did in 1.4!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I had an issue where I had to contact the developer.

I just want to publicly give praise to his responsiveness. He went above and beyond in helping me resolve my issue especially considering that I paid only $1.99 for this app.

I wish everyone was so customer friendly!

I think I will go upgrade my lite versions of Wabbit Hunt and Texas Lotto now.
  5.    #45  
    UPDATE: Whoa...no sooner did I write this I checked the app site and see an new update (1.3.0) is listed. Hopefully it'll hit the App Cat shortly...and fix any current issues.
    FYI - Through interacting with Matt today on an unrelated matter, I learned that the reference to v1.3.0 was a typo; rather what was listed was actually the changes in the current v.1.2.2. While a new version is not yet developed, he did indicate that it would be forthcoming after another project is complete.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Maybe someone here can tell me... does Weather Dashboard work with Switcharoo? Many thanks.
  7.    #47  
    Don't think I've seen this; however, with this version (1.2.1) and the previous one, occasionally the app doesn't update for quite a few hours. It seems that this is an app issue rather than a Yahoo! weather update issue because I have mine set to track my location (I live and work in different communities) and update hourly--when there's no update the city stays the same even though I have moved locations; if it was just an old weather report when the app checked it, it should still at least update my location even if the report was from earlier. I did email Matt about this a couple weeks ago and he acknowledged some issues that he was working to fix, but even with the latest update I still occasionally have this issue. No biggie at present because it works correctly most of the time, but still hope it's fixed soon.

UPDATE: Whoa...no sooner did I write this I checked the app site and see an new update (1.3.0) is listed. Hopefully it'll hit the App Cat shortly...and fix any current issues. ME
    FYI - Through interacting with Matt today on an unrelated matter, I learned that the reference to v1.3.0 was a typo; rather what was listed was actually the changes in the current v.1.2.2. While a new version is not yet developed, he did indicate that it would be forthcoming after another project is complete.
    FYI - I was emailing with Matt earlier this week about the GPS updating issue referenced above and received this message from him yesterday, which he has given me permission to post:

I found a bug today that may be the cause of the issue you had the other day when Weather Dashboard stopped updating. In some rare circumstances if there is a failure in the background updating that is not caught by the error handling, the alarm call for the next refresh wouldn't get called because it is after the the code for background updating. (background refresh fails catastrophically and next one doesn't get scheduled).

I'll be submitting the update to Palm tomorrow provided I didn't break something else fixing this.

Hopefully this will fix the updating issue and allow him to move on to further development.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Maybe someone here can tell me... does Weather Dashboard work with Switcharoo? Many thanks.
    I have not experienced any issues while running both. However, in an effort to test an unrelated issue, I have had Switcharoo turned off much of the time since I've had WD running. Still, as far as I recall I had no conflicts.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm doing some work on Weather Dashboard the next couple of weeks and want poll the forum for feature requests.

Please let me know you wants and ideas.

Matt
    @wormdood
    http://www.supergigamega
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    I'm doing some work on Weather Dashboard the next couple of weeks and want poll the forum for feature requests.

Matt
    @wormdood
    http://www.supergigamega
    Great app. If the dashboard icon showed the current conditions, as when you first tap and it shows local temp and conditions with an icon, that icon in the dashboard would be awesome. )
    Laissez Faire
    +1
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I've been wanting to do that with the dashboard icon for some time, but Palm doesn't offer a way to do it in the API.
    I've been wanting to do that with the dashboard icon for some time, but Palm doesn't offer a way to do it in the API.
    Then maybe a sun or a cloud or some weather thing?
    Laissez Faire
    I probably have no idea what I'm talking about here, because I'm not even close to an expert. And I'm sure there's other limitations I don't know about, since the very simple app I used to learn a little bit of programming didn't use notifications.

But, could you just use if/then / else if statements with a combination of the Javascript document.imagename.src=<newimage> or something along those lines?
    Please provide 3 or 4 days of forecast. Two days are too short.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I'm looking for a weather app that actually sends me severe weather alerts. I realize I can sign up for these on some services, but they are not dynamic enough. What I really want is a background process running on my Pre that checks where I am and then if there's an alert for the area (that I haven't already received) it notifies me with a link to open the app to see the full text of the alert. It doesn't seem like any of the current offerings do this at this point. I think some iPhone apps do - I've seen reference to iPhone push notifications? Anyway, looking for this as it seems like the pieces are out there but no one has brought them together just yet... Maybe part of this is that apps can't activate location services if the device's screen is off? Hope they are going to change this - or already did in 1.4!
    +1
    When I swipe this away, pretty regularly (90% of the time I'd say) it loses the settings for the next time I open it, and doesn't come open again despite being set to background mode.

So it's similar to the problem I had before where this happened when I had the too many cards error before, but now it's no matter what I'm doing on it.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    For this app to show the weather while on the touchstone, would it need "run in background" enabled?

I don't really need/want the weather to tell me weather is all the time, just while it's on the touchstone.
    Another feature that would be nice in my opinion: the ability to set the default location when GPS Tracking is set to on. When I can't get a GPS signal, it's telling me I'm in Manzhouli, China.

Matt
    I suppose this can not be done till Palm has activacted the so far vaporware MOJO push notifications but I would like to see location specific weather warning notifications.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast