Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i emailed the developer and he did email me right back-- then a very short time after that he emailed again stating he figured out how to have the icon change with the weather! this was yesterday. now that is responsive!
    Nice! Can't wait for that update!

Ace22, welcome to P|C; I'm glad you're here...I'm just not glad your avatar is here--it's creepining me out! Actually, I have recently suffered from several back-to-back-to back eye infections, something I've never experienced, even after years of wearing contacts. So don't take it personal (it is, after all, very creative), it's just that my eyes are especially "sensitive" at the moment.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    weather now works pretty good as well and its in preware as well. And the icon changes with the weather and its a dashboard app as well as free.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I hope we can have weather alerts in the near future for our area...
    just do a google search for yahoo alerts and you can get weather alerts for free !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't enter my location (it won't allow me to enter city, state, zipcode and the last time it allowed it, it didn't recognize it) and I'm not getting anything with use current GPS. I had it working, but the program looses my settings sometimes.

The last time, I couldn't update or enter the information until I was out and about and could get a GPS lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I can't enter my location (it won't allow me to enter city, state, zipcode and the last time it allowed it, it didn't recognize it) and I'm not getting anything with use current GPS. I had it working, but the program looses my settings sometimes.

The last time, I couldn't update or enter the information until I was out and about and could get a GPS lock.
    It didn't recognize by zipcode and I needed to enter the full spelling for the State. It's up and running again. I can't wait for the update that changes the icon with the weather. I would really love to have an umbrella for rain and sun for sunshine. Especially since it's in the dashboard and I see it as soon as I wake up or p/u my phone.

Anyway, great app.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post

Seems to have totally stopped working for me too. My most recent wx update came at 6:55pm Eastern on Thursday. I meant to contact Matt yesterday but didn't get to. Hopefully I will later today.

ME
  7.    #27  
    UPDATE: Just manually entered my location and it updated to the most recent forecast. However, choosing the GPS option seems to shut it down altogether. Got to sleep now but will test further when I go to work tonight.

ME
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Nice! Can't wait for that update!

Ace22, welcome to P|C; I'm glad you're here...I'm just not glad your avatar is here--it's creepining me out! Actually, I have recently suffered from several back-to-back-to back eye infections, something I've never experienced, even after years of wearing contacts. So don't take it personal (it is, after all, very creative), it's just that my eyes are especially "sensitive" at the moment.

ME
    Thanks...figured that avatar would creep some people out. Eye infections are not fun, but I've found most contact lens related infections are from sleeping in contacts (even though some are approved for overnight wear) and not throwing them away on time. Glad you're doing better, and if you need any advice/help, just let me know

Just downloaded the latest version of this app...not sure what changed, but it would be nice to have the icon reflect the type of weather...we would have a snowflake for today in Ohio!
    Sounds like something I'll have to try when I get home. Just curious, since everybody is raving about the notifications, would subscribing to a weather RSS feed with NewsRoom and setting it to alert accomplish the same thing?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    weather now works pretty good as well and its in preware as well. And the icon changes with the weather and its a dashboard app as well as free.
    Icon doesn't seem to change with weather. It would be a nice feature tho!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just do a google search for yahoo alerts and you can get weather alerts for free !
    thanks for suggestions but if I want email or text weather alerts or forcasts.... I might as well get rid of this app......
    I like this app and was just a suggestion!!!
    I like this app but it was not accurate enough for me. It rained the entire day but the weather dashboard only showed the weather as being cloudy. I returned to using weathernow which is more accurate.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a Sprint Pre and my wife has a HTC Hero and I use an AIRAVE in my house.

When I have GPS on and running weatherdashboard in the background the airave will pick up across town b/c of where the signal is coming from.

My problem and confusion is that the HTC Hero weather widget picks up the gps and not the airave.

So, my wife's phone has our home city and weather and my palm pre and weather now doesnt do this correctly... what would be the cause of the differences....
    Last edited by imex99; 03/03/2010 at 10:37 PM.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  15.    #35  
    imex99, this thread is about Weather Dashboard by SuperGigaMega. If you have questions about Weather Now, you will need to contact its developer and/or post your question on a thread related to that app

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Anyone ever notice this issue?

If at the time of a refresh, you're using all of the memory and get the too many cards error, then the next time you open up Weather Dashboard, the settings are back to default.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    jhoff80,

I've seen a few occasions where that happens. Weather Dashboard is using cookies to store your prefs and it seems if there is a crash, the cookies get destroyed. I thinking of replacing the cookies with database storage hoping to alleviate that issue. I don't know if I can do anything about the memory issue.
    Betcha didn't know that Palm is at the forefront of weather changing technology!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    imex99, this thread is about Weather Dashboard by SuperGigaMega. If you have questions about Weather Now, you will need to contact its developer and/or post your question on a thread related to that app

ME
    Sorry good sir, I meant weather dashboard and I contacted Supergigamega and he was able to correct my issue.

Sprint's airave interfers with dashboard and google services. So, under Location services on your palm pre, tap preferences in the top left hand corner and uncheck google services and this fixed my problem.

It sounds like something doesn't play good with each other and now my WETHER DASHBOARD works just fine......

Thanks for the fast and great response from the DEV.

Also, don't be Another FORUM basher when someone types the wrong name, dont be forum police......

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyone ever notice this issue?

If at the time of a refresh, you're using all of the memory and get the too many cards error, then the next time you open up Weather Dashboard, the settings are back to default.
    Don't think I've seen this; however, with this version (1.2.1) and the previous one, occasionally the app doesn't update for quite a few hours. It seems that this is an app issue rather than a Yahoo! weather update issue because I have mine set to track my location (I live and work in different communities) and update hourly--when there's no update the city stays the same even though I have moved locations; if it was just an old weather report when the app checked it, it should still at least update my location even if the report was from earlier. I did email Matt about this a couple weeks ago and he acknowledged some issues that he was working to fix, but even with the latest update I still occasionally have this issue. No biggie at present because it works correctly most of the time, but still hope it's fixed soon.

UPDATE: Whoa...no sooner did I write this I checked the app site and see an new update (1.3.0) is listed. Hopefully it'll hit the App Cat shortly...and fix any current issues.

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Sorry good sir, I meant weather dashboard and I contacted Supergigamega and he was able to correct my issue.

Also, don't be Another FORUM basher when someone types the wrong name, dont be forum police......
    Not sure what makes me a "forum basher" or the "forum police," but no offense was intended and my comment was simply to direct a seemingly misplaced question to an appropriate thread, since there is another app called Weather Now. One of the ideas behind such a forum is that the community works together to keep conversations on topic so as to remain useful to readers. I think your opening line says all that's needed, that is, "Oops, I really did mean Weather Dashboard." That said, we now know that you're in the right place and hopefully can respond in some helpful way. Not sure why you felt the need to end with an implied accusation of bashing and policing in some negative way.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast