Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thank you! mine was webospatches! what causes this - or is it just random?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDiva View Post
    Been wondering the same thing, as ever since 1.4, Preware perfomance kept going south till it finally became unusable (along with Filecoaster and WOSQI, so I don't know what's up with those feeds or how these programs work). Anyway, I'm SO glad I found this thread; this was driving me up the wall!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should use WebOS Quick Install to uninstall both the Package Manager Service and Preware. Option+Click will not uninstall the Package Manager Service.

Then use the solution above to check for the large files. Remove them if you find any. Then reboot. Then follow http://install.preware.org from the start.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod! I've done everything you said to. Preware loaded "superfast," as my daughter would say, but when it started Fixing Unknown Packages, it's been stuck on 20 of 35 for an awfully long time. What now?

nvm; I closed Preware, uninstalled a couple apps I've installed recently, and restarted. Appears to have fixed things.
    Last edited by PookiePrancer; 02/28/2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added comment
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'm typing this entire thing but it's still not coming up:

ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists

Now, is that a -1 or a -I or what the hell is that first thing and is there a space after it or not?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Is it an "L"....am I just supposed to know by osmosis? Nothing I type looks like this:

ls -l
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDiva View Post
    We believe it was caused by the overloaded server yesterday.

We're looking at how to get Package Manager Service to detect and repair stuff like this on each phone reboot. Version 0.9.37 already detects and repairs it at install time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Just Wondering What Happens When You Delete One Of The Feeds. Lets Use Ur Example, PreCentral, Does This Means My Preware Will Never Load That Feed Again And Can No Longer Download Anything From That Feed?
    These are "cache" files - they are regenerated every time you hit "Update Feeds", or every time Preware starts if you have automatic updating of feeds (the default option) selected in Preferences.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    After reading SO MANY Preware complaints in the general forum recently, most of which appear to be related to this issue, this thread should really be stickied or something. Poor admin's gonna have their hands full consolidating so many posts

As for me, everything is running like a champ again. Thanks again to everyone who helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    After reading SO MANY Preware complaints in the general forum recently, most of which appear to be related to this issue, this thread should really be stickied or something. Poor admin's gonna have their hands full consolidating so many posts

As for me, everything is running like a champ again. Thanks again to everyone who helped!
    Please give back to the community by posting in all those threads what the solution is.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It sounds like you and I had the same problem, but I have no idea where or how to access the directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists. I am not that technical. Is this on the pre or in webosquick install. Please email me directly and help me thanks

sirberk@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Thanks for answering my question, everyone!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123