Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #21  
    So I guess the 1000 lb Gorilla in the room for you is: Will Flash coming to mobile devices render this app redundant? It may be a good thing to discuss, as I'm sure many other app developers will have to make adjustments or scrap projects that were intended as Flash-less bandaids
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  2. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    So I guess the 1000 lb Gorilla in the room for you is: Will Flash coming to mobile devices render this app redundant? It may be a good thing to discuss, as I'm sure many other app developers will have to make adjustments or scrap projects that were intended as Flash-less bandaids
    I doubt it. Most stations don't stream in Flash. Most use WMA with an mp3 or AAC additional stream. So, no, it's not going to make anything redundant. Besides, it's a lot easier to have all of the stations integrated into one application with easy Preset management than to use the browser.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  3. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #23  
    Great work! Unfortunately, the issue still persists when streaming FOX Sports Radio. Can this be investigated?


    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    FYI,

    This problem should be resolved now. It should now default to mp3 and only use AAC if the mp3 stream is down or unavailable.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
  4. #24  
    Since the upgrade, I cannot listen to my favorite station, KDUS AM 1060 in Phoenix. I have e-mailed Radiotime re this but the response was a little vague and short. I hope this and above issues can be resolved.
  5. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    Great work! Unfortunately, the issue still persists when streaming FOX Sports Radio. Can this be investigated?
    Which one? There are about 50 different "Fox Sports Radio" stations across the country.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  6. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #26  
    have you looked at none of the other posts on this thread? Doc has been very upfront about detailing the limitations for his app due to webOS. It's one thing when there are 10 pgs or more of posts, but really? Two pages were too many?
  7. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo46 View Post
    Since the upgrade, I cannot listen to my favorite station, KDUS AM 1060 in Phoenix. I have e-mailed Radiotime re this but the response was a little vague and short. I hope this and above issues can be resolved.
    When dealing with the application, email me through the application Help section. I can get things done a lot more efficiently as it doesn't filter down through the support system and the listing service for the application is different than any other program due to deficiencies with the way WebOS handles audio.

    The reason KDUS is not listed is because the stream is down. Completely down as in it's showing a 404. When the stream comes back online, it will be listed again.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  8. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    have you looked at none of the other posts on this thread? Doc has been very upfront about detailing the limitations for his app due to webOS. It's one thing when there are 10 pgs or more of posts, but really? Two pages were too many?
    It's also in the Help section of the application.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  9. #29  
    I will e-mail you but the reason the stream is down now is because of contractual obligations regarding the NCAA baseball playoffs. Generally, it is up and running.
  10. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #30  
    It's the main Fox Sports Radio selection. The steps I took were:

    1. Launch app
    2. Select "Sports"
    3. Select "Sports Talk"
    4. Under "Stations" (after "Local Stations") select Fox Sports Radio (it's under 660 WFAN NY)

    I tried a few other Fox Sports Radio stations, however, they also have the same issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Which one? There are about 50 different "Fox Sports Radio" stations across the country.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
  11. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #31  
    ps: the app has a fantastic "sleep" feature which allows the user to stream for a certain period of time. is there a way to integrate a timer feature which allows the stream to start at a certain time, i.e. alarm clock radio?
  12. #32  
    I would also love this feature. Kind of like uber radio or a powernap app but with radiotime as the wakeup sound!
  13. #33  
    or if you can implement a feature like 'play favorite channel on startup.' then we can use preset reset to start radiotime at a certain time of day after it resets the pre...(could be great for those who use preset reset to restart their pre everyday in the morning)
  14. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    It's the main Fox Sports Radio selection. The steps I took were:

    1. Launch app
    2. Select "Sports"
    3. Select "Sports Talk"
    4. Under "Stations" (after "Local Stations") select Fox Sports Radio (it's under 660 WFAN NY)

    I tried a few other Fox Sports Radio stations, however, they also have the same issue.
    That's Fox Sports out of Sherman Oaks, CA. That doesn't have an mp3 stream. AAC+ mono only. Nothing I can do about that until Palm fixes the problem.

    Fox Sports Radio channels that work currently are:
    Fox Sports 1370 WVIE 1370 AM Pikesville MD
    FOX Sports 1310 WADB 1310 AM Asbury Park NJ

    The rest of them are either AAC+ mono or owned by Clear Channel.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  15. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #35  
    re: Alarm clock

    I'm hesitant to implement this sort of a feature right now. It wouldn't be based off of a favorite stream but rather the last played stream as that's easiest to grab. You have to remember that everything in the application is cloud based. None of the Presets are stored on the device itself. They are all stored remotely so the streams are always as up to date as possible. It's hard to implement a system of saying, "Hey, this particular stream of my Presets is my favorite stream," as that stream information might not be the same from day to day so it doesn't make sense to store it in a cookie locally. The last stream played can be pulled down, however, but only if a user is registered.

    There are a lot of other things that are of a greater priority right now. So, maybe one day, but I can't guarantee that it's going to be in the next release of the app.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  16. #36  
    Doc,
    That would be awesome! Last streamed station is good enough. Then with the timer function you have already implemented, one could fall asleep to and wake up to his favorite station. I hope you an implement this in the next release! But then again, I've gotten really good at being patient, since I'm *still* waiting for Palm to get its act together so I can listen to Bloomberg radio...sigh.
    Any chance you can develop a SIRIUS app or strike a deal w/ SIRIUS to allow registered SIRIUS users to gain access via RadioTime?
  17. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Doc,
    That would be awesome! Last streamed station is good enough. Then with the timer function you have already implemented, one could fall asleep to and wake up to his favorite station. I hope you an implement this in the next release! But then again, I've gotten really good at being patient, since I'm *still* waiting for Palm to get its act together so I can listen to Bloomberg radio...sigh.
    Any chance you can develop a SIRIUS app or strike a deal w/ SIRIUS to allow registered SIRIUS users to gain access via RadioTime?
    I think you need to re-read what I wrote about the alarm clock a bit more carefully. It's not on the priority list right now for numerous reasons (but a big one that will be explained in a few weeks).

    Could I develop a Sirius app? Probably (I know how to get the streams). Will I develop a Sirius app? Probably not. There's absolutely no money in it for the developer unless it's a contract job with Sirius specifically. They don't charge for the Iphone app so there's no money in per user fees and it's commercial free so there's no advertising. And the biggest reason of all...they stream in WMA, not supported by WebOS.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  18. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #38  
    At first glance, it wouldn't seem to be that involved, but totally understand. Just out of curiosity, what are the priorities right now? The streams from Clear Channel stations would be a great addition to the Palm app, as it is already available on the basic web stream via computer.

    Appreciate your great work and diligence!

    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    re: Alarm clock

    I'm hesitant to implement this sort of a feature right now. It wouldn't be based off of a favorite stream but rather the last played stream as that's easiest to grab. You have to remember that everything in the application is cloud based. None of the Presets are stored on the device itself. They are all stored remotely so the streams are always as up to date as possible. It's hard to implement a system of saying, "Hey, this particular stream of my Presets is my favorite stream," as that stream information might not be the same from day to day so it doesn't make sense to store it in a cookie locally. The last stream played can be pulled down, however, but only if a user is registered.

    There are a lot of other things that are of a greater priority right now. So, maybe one day, but I can't guarantee that it's going to be in the next release of the app.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
  19. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    At first glance, it wouldn't seem to be that involved, but totally understand. Just out of curiosity, what are the priorities right now? The streams from Clear Channel stations would be a great addition to the Palm app, as it is already available on the basic web stream via computer.

    Appreciate your great work and diligence!
    Can't go into details until an announcement is made on the subject. It's more of an entire product line type of thing but will take some upgrading.

    Clear Channel isn't available as their licensing doesn't allow the streaming of their stations to mobile devices outside of their own application (iHeartRadio...which isn't available for WebOS). Their stations are already listed in our database at RadioTime.com. You can login there with the username/password you used during registration and add/remove/manage presets and they'll be synced to your device as well. If they aren't available, you'll see the Not Supported message.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  20. #40  
    Doc,

    The stream for KTLK AM Los Angeles used to be one of the options, now I can no longer play it even after I set to one of my presets. What happened?

    Thanks
    RP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions