Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i've never played a gameboy advanced.. i have played an original gameboy though. what would be the coolest games for me to download?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hm?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    on that note, where would I get the GBA games? and then how would I get them to run in VBA? just make a folder and then try to run it?
    check out the wiki page for vba. It has a compatibility list for some of the popular games.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    *rephrased to say* there is a "cool rom" site where you can get em from.. google it like the guy below said.. lol.. and when you download vba it puts a folder called vba on your phone with a sub folder called roms and that's what you put your roms in.. i just want to know what the people like to play so i can download only the best games
    Last edited by d.moss; 01/21/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    If you run VBA for the first time it'll create the folder for you. Then you can just copy over the .gba/.gb/.gbc file over in USB mode and re-run VBA to select.

Also, don't forget it's illegal to have a rom for a game you do not own, and it's illegal to obtain roms from any source other than your own games (it's still sort-of in the gray area if you do that). Don't ask where on this site, do a Google search.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    As mentioned on the VBA thread (and possibly the wiki), at present, the GBA emulations are a bit stuttery and lower in quality. I believe the GB and GBC emulation is pretty smooth. I'm sure the GBA side of things will improve a lot as they improve the VBA port though.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    soooo what are the best classic gameboy games.. i'm gonna see if i can get mario to work
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I recommend FIRE EMBLEM for you guys. Runs very well without sound.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    cool.. i shall "borrow" this when i get home..
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i've never played a gameboy advanced.. i have played an original gameboy though. what would be the coolest games for me to download?
    Here's some good ones (IMHO.)
    • Advance Wars (USA) (Rev A).gba
    • Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow # GBA.GBA
    • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (U) [!].gba
    • Final Fantasy VI Advance (U).gba
    • Fire Emblem # GBA.GBA
    • Legend of Zelda, The - A Link To The Past Four Swords (U) [!].gba
    • Mario Kart Super Circuit (E) [!].gba
    • Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga (E) (M5).gba
    • Mario Tennis - Power Tour # GBA.GBA
    • Metroid - Zero Mission # GBA.GBA
    • Pokemon Ruby # GBA.GBA
    • Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) [!].gba
    • Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (V1.1).gba
    • Ultimate Card Games # GBA.GBA
    • Wario Ware Twisted.GBA
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    cool beans guy.. cool beans
    sims bustin out
    Personally, I think sticking to RPGs probably is best. You just don't have good enough controls on the Pre for some of the action games.

The keyboard buttons are too small and not in a good layout for something like Mario Bros, for example. The onscreen controls in the latest version do help that quite a bit, but even still you just don't have as good accuracy as an actual controller, which in games with a lot of action can be the difference between enjoying the game, and being completely frustrated with it.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hmm.. yeah.. i'm not too sure if i like the accuracy of the new onscreen buttons.. maybe implement the quake joystick? as of now i'll stick with the keyboard controls..
    Golden Sun - Running pretty well with sound on, and nearly perfect with sound disabled.
    Ooohh Zelda Minish Cap so far runs great too.
    I really want the onscreen dpad and use the keyboard slid out for the a+b start buttons

it would allow for easier directions but still have physical action buttons, but would still have a nice size screen cause the virtual a+b buttons would be scrapped
    pokemon crystal!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast