1.    #1  
    Sega just announced an official Genesis emulator for the iphone, what I wouldnt do for this
    Made this render just for kicks: (see pre-controller.jpg)

Just imagine...
    Dedicated analog stick
    Dedicated hardware buttons
    Sega's early 3D titles (Saturn & Dreamcast) or any other company's IP
    Internal battery that charges Pre (or at least doesnt kill Pre's battery)
    and wait for it...wait for it...a micro SD slot for endless fun.

All in a portable dock that slides into the Pre's USB port. If palm really means business with gaming, something like this would be a homerun!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    this would be absolutely amazing.
    i'd think doing it without getting too bulky, accomodating people with cases/extended batteries, and attaching it to the pre with as little stress as possible to the USB port would be quite the challenge.

considering palm's ***** for the touchstone~ i'd expect them to at least come out with a bluetooth gaming controller or something to play while charging.
  3.    #3  
    maybe a backplate covered in that touchstone gecko feet stuff and the stiffness of micro usb is all thats needed to secure it to the pre but i agree, accomidating cases would be tough.

Also, the device can function as a standalone micro-sd reader so that when plugged in to your computer (and charging) you can dump your "purchased" roms and such
    Nice render
  5.    #5  
    Bump; this would be the greatest thing to ever happen to smartphones, no?
    there is already a controler where the pre fits in the middle,ive seen it on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    there is already a controler where the pre fits in the middle,ive seen it on youtube
    Could you supply a link that sounds like a hoax.
    search "palm pre apps and homebrew emulators" can't post link im on my fone lol