1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Any chance of an app being made to give the Sprint Pre (and others too) the Mobile Hotspot program that comes with the Verizon version?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    not likely since Verizon's program requires the mobile hotspot data package which is another $40 a month. I just picked up an Overdrive. Faster and better for $59 a month...
    Last edited by Garett85; 01/26/2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Google or the precentral search button is your friend!
    lol... Really brahs!???
    Search...
    how-install-mobile-hot-spot-sprint-pre
    Last edited by robbskittles; 01/26/2010 at 02:32 PM.
  5. CoobeyMeyer
    The Verizon Mobile HotSpot app does work on the Sprint Pre's with a little work. Check out the video here on the channel, YouTube - PalmPreExpert's Channel that should help
    just as a heads up and i don't know if this applies to us sprint users but in preware the Mobile Hotspot App. for Palm Pre Plus (which i believe is the same Mobile Hotspot App. everyone has been downloading and using) but it say this " Note: This application requires a moblie hotspot data feature (available from your carrier for a monthly fee) that is separate from your smartphone data feature. While Palm mobile hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and any data sent or received will count against your mobile hotspot data deature allowance."............ now i know sprint doesn't have a mobile hotspot data package (or at least they don't offer it) but that right there tells me with the hotspot app. they have a fairly easy way to track it's use. kinda like a "Phone-home" built into the App. Just thought i'd let yall know.
    if you go to the patches forum, it's usually the 1st one there. takes 5 minutes to install. very easy to install and use.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Google or the precentral search button is your friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    lol... Really brahs!???
    Search...
    how-install-mobile-hot-spot-sprint-pre

Wow are you guys quick to shoot down my post and suggest I didn't search. Perhaps you failed to notice the date of my thread was 1/20/10 and the date of the thread you suggested I search for did not get posted until 1/23/10. Perhaps you're just a couple of guys who enjoy being the first jerk to reply saying "did you search." Thank God the whole group here isn't like you guys. Thanks for your insightful support in this community.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    just as a heads up and i don't know if this applies to us sprint users but in preware the Mobile Hotspot App. for Palm Pre Plus (which i believe is the same Mobile Hotspot App. everyone has been downloading and using) but it say this " Note: This application requires a moblie hotspot data feature (available from your carrier for a monthly fee) that is separate from your smartphone data feature. While Palm mobile hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and any data sent or received will count against your mobile hotspot data deature allowance."............ now i know sprint doesn't have a mobile hotspot data package (or at least they don't offer it) but that right there tells me with the hotspot app. they have a fairly easy way to track it's use. kinda like a "Phone-home" built into the App. Just thought i'd let yall know.
    Interesting to hear this. I just assumed that it would function like a NAT router and they wouldn't know. I haven't seen anything different on my Sprint bill indicating any additional charges or minutes/data used. Thanks for the heads up!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Now it doesnt work at all