1.    #1  
    Note to Self is a simple little app. As the developer says "Ever have a thought you need to write down quickly? Note-to-Self is an incredibly useful application that allows users to send themselves notes to any (and multiple) email addresses with the touch of just one single button. It's much faster than firing up the email client, selecting a recipient, and then picking the recipient's email address. Never forget an important thought again!"

And it does exactly that. There are only two screens to the program:

Settings Page

This launches the first time you open the app, and then if you choose to by hitting the text at the bottom of your launcher screen as the app loads. It allows you to set a default title for the email, the address you want to send it to, and then the option of CC'ing it to another address.

I, personally, use mine with Evernote. I default the notes to be sent to my mobile Evernote address, and they are automatically synced to my default book. This can work with quite a few database programs.

Main Screen

After the initial setup, the app launches a new email card with the address and title you set previously. You jot down your note, hit send, and tada! The app will close and you get on with your life.

Now that's getting things done.

A few things that haven't been added yet are the ability to set your sending address (if you want it different than your Palm default one) and the ability to do multiple notes at a time. Still, it's well worth the price of a dollar, and pretty good for what it does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by laelipoo; 01/20/2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
    Honestly,

I'm a bit speechless that somebody was kind enough to review my humble little app.

Thank you so much, laelipoo, and I hope to have the "set sender" feature written soon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonshumway View Post
    Honestly,

I'm a bit speechless that somebody was kind enough to review my humble little app.

Thank you so much, laelipoo, and I hope to have the "set sender" feature written soon.
    I really like it--simple, easy to use, versatile. For me, I don't have the sender issue, as I use Evernote and not GTD, but it could be nice.
    i have this on my launcher! great app- one suggestion- can 'saving a draft' be an option' when you toss it off the screen. sometimes i change my mine and toss and it automatically saves the email as a draft when i don't want it to.
    Just downloaded it, very nice app. I will use it to send myself a task reminder, which I then convert to an outlook task next time I'm in my inbox. Saves a couple of steps. Do I understand it correctly that to send two or more reminders in a row I have to go back to the launcher and hit the icon for each outgoing Note to Self? Right now the app screen just pulses after I send the note. If that's the way it's written right now, something I would love to see is a button on the app screen that says "send another Note".
    Hi
    Does it let you setup your own smtp settings?

thanks