Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is even possible but I would thoroughly enjoy having control of the songs certain people hear when they call me without having to pay $2.50/song and using Sprints limited selection.
    Granted Sprint does offer a ton of selections but my musical preferences are a little more 'outside the mainstream' of what they tend to sell, not to mention they tend to pick sections of songs I would not choose if it were up to me.

Being able to edit whatever 30 second part of a song that would be played and selecting different songs for different people would be ideal. I already have created (edited) some great Ring Tones of my own using iTunes and would be stoked to implement this feature into call tones.

Again, I have no idea how or if this would even work so any feedback on this would be appreciated!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Not sure if this is even possible but I would thoroughly enjoy having control of the songs certain people hear when they call me without having to pay $2.50/song and using Sprints limited selection.
    Granted Sprint does offer a ton of selections but my musical preferences are a little more 'outside the mainstream' of what they tend to sell, not to mention they tend to pick sections of songs I would not choose if it were up to me.

Being able to edit whatever 30 second part of a song that would be played and selecting different songs for different people would be ideal. I already have created (edited) some great Ring Tones of my own using iTunes and would be stoked to implement this feature into call tones.

Again, I have no idea how or if this would even work so any feedback on this would be appreciated!
    Considering this is a service provided by and running from inside the Sprint system (the selections your caller hears are not on your device, right?) it is not something that can be addressed by creating an app on your device.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I kinda assumed that would be the case. I just took a shot at the possibility seeing as how some apps and patches have seemingly broken the bounderies of what I would assume Sprint/Palm would have on lock down yet 'indie developers' have taken things to a whole new level.

Thanks anyways