1.    #1  
    NFSU is about 200 MB in size... other 3D games are large as well.

What if we do partial resets... doesnt WebOS restore apps over the data network? that would take forever for a 200MB file!

Has anyone with 3D games done a partial restore?
    System locked up a week or so ago and Lost All of my launcher items from the App Catalog and Preware.

Palm auto reinstalled everything except for the Preware Items and the Patches Previously installed no longer manifest for updates. This obviously took forever and Quake and other items had to be restored by hand.

Probably will have to run EPR to fix the patch manifest and reinstall them again so they continue to work properly.

Either way, I'd love a way to back everything up Apps, Preware and Patches and store for later recovery.

Even if it was individuals backups of the App Catalog, Preware installs, etc...that will help and minimize restore problems
    Last edited by sorli; 01/19/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    I just webdoctored my phone and I had NFSU, Sims 3, and Asphalt5 along with a lot of other apps. It did take a long time to restore my entire profile and reload all of my games and e-mail. I ended up putting it on WiFi on the Touchstone and went to bed. By morning I was good to go.

So my recommendation is to restore your profile at a time when you're able to have some downtime. It does take a while.
    Lets say your phone is just running sluggish or you have some weird bug that bothers you, but it still operates fairly normally when you decide to do a partial erase, if you were to delete the 3d games before doing the partial erase, I don't think the phone will restore the games automatically then, instead you could do it at your leisure and don't have to wait forever?

Just a theory.
  5.    #5  
    I run on 1xRTT in my area... uh oh.

@teewinot - there is no way to change to wifi on initial restore can you?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    after 1.3.1 the pre will download your apps after the initial restore, so you are able to turn on wifi
    what about game data? I'm awaiting a replacement phone due to blown speaker, when I restore my profile will I keep my place in NFS and Golf?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    what about game data? I'm awaiting a replacement phone due to blown speaker, when I restore my profile will I keep my place in NFS and Golf?
    NFS will start from scratch.

I'm working on a solution to that problem (cause it happened to me):

Save and Restore - WebOS Internals

I've written a saverestore script for NFS:

git.webos-internals.org Git - services/saverestore.git/blob - scripts/com.ea.app.nfsuc

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is this working Rod? What do I need to do to install it on my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Is this working Rod? What do I need to do to install it on my Pre?
    I'm looking for someone to write a webOS front-end for it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i jus doctored my phone about 2 or 3 days ago and all my saved data from lets golf and NFSU were still in place...i didnt even think about it until i read this thread
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!