1.    #1  
    When I go into the app catalog I hardly ever see any free apps. But on androids platform there are a lot of free apps. Now I know that android has been out longer. But even at the launch of android there where many free apps. And many of the apps on webos don't deserve a price. I also noticed that there is more diversity of apps in android. But i believe that just has to do with the numbers.

So my question is, why do most of the apps cost on webos and not android.

And to people I don't want an android device (right now at least) and I apologize in advance if i offended any of the app developers.
    I can't help but think the fact that Android has been around more than a year longer than the Pre has a lot to do with it. New apps come with time, both paid and free.
    I don't see the point. If Android devs want to make apps for free is ok, if webOS devs don't, is ok.

Probably, a lot of those free apps will die (I'm talking about updates and so on) sooner than later, basically because they are made because the developer needs it. As soon as the app is ok for the developer, the app is ok for all.

We are also talking about people's bread, sorry. If you feel you don't have to pay a few (really few, in most cases less than a coffe costs) bucks for an app then possibly you don't need that app. Think about it.
    exactly. Why shouldn't someone be paid for their time and effort. Especially when they have to deal with a bunch of whiny users...it doesn't do this, it doesn't do that. I want it to look like this. This font is ugly and so on....They want it updated and updated yesterday. If someone's going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts, great. For people to expect it? Well that's just lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    We are also talking about people's bread, sorry. If you feel you don't have to pay a few (really few, in most cases less than a coffe costs) bucks for an app then possibly you don't need that app. Think about it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    The app catalog is not that old yet give it time to mature. I know it sucks not to have more choices but we all have to be more patient. And besides you can not please some people no matter what batteries you use.
    I dont mind spending bucks on apps. My chic has the moment, and there are many many many free apps on it, some are really good, and most are ad driven. I would think alot of the free apps are things people made for themselves (ecspecially tools) and just decided to release to the public.
    With the new launch of Verizonís Palm phones I have a feeling the app store will be growing a lot (and offering more free apps)! For now, check out a lot of the cross platform apps (applications that are available on Android and iPhone and Palm etc.) For example the WHERE.com app is cross platform and is available free on most platforms (including palm). Has anyone noticed if the app store is offering more free apps since the release of the palm pre plus and palm pixi plus?