Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Hi

I've looked but I cant find one...

I'd love to have an app that looks at your data connection and automatically sets an outgoing mail server.

For example, I'm in my office connected to the company wi-fi and I have just received an email to my private mail on my pre. The mail account is set up to use the talktalk mail server, but as I'm on company wi-fi the send fails.

It would be great to have something that sets the outgoing mail server based on wi-fi SID, and of course if no wi-fi a different server;

EG;

HomeWifiSID = talktalk.net
    CompanyWiFi = mail.mycomapny.com
    No Wifi = o2.co.uk

Thanks,

Rob
    That does sound like a good idea, would require a small patch to the existing e-mail program. I wonder how we'd do it? Maybe just try all 3 (user configurable) send servers until one finds success.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Or have your network admin unblock talktalk or disconnect from company wifi to send personal email?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Or have your network admin unblock talktalk or disconnect from company wifi to send personal email?
    its my work network - the block is on the talktalk side not mine. Yeah i could disconnect the wifi, but that's a pain in the ****, just to dend a quick email
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    its my work network - the block is on the talktalk side not mine. Yeah i could disconnect the wifi, but that's a pain in the ****, just to dend a quick email
    hmm so try maybe switching the outgoing mail server for the talktalk account on the phone to o2 or your company mail server.

Until / if someone creates a patch to solve the issues. Could hound talktalk as well if they are blocking your company.

I guess an easy patch would be to flag email accounts to send only via data connection instead of wifi.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    hmm so try maybe switching the outgoing mail server for the talktalk account on the phone to o2 or your company mail server.

Until / if someone creates a patch to solve the issues. Could hound talktalk as well if they are blocking your company.

I guess an easy patch would be to flag email accounts to send only via data connection instead ofi.
    talktalk are not blocking my company. Its standard in the uk for isps to only allow the use of their mail servers when connected to their networks, which im not unless im at home.

yes a flag to use data only would work.

i know how to solve the problem, an app would be better