Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    I *much* prefer sugarsync to dropbox. Same 2GB limit for the free version, but you're not limited to syncing the "dropbox" folder only. You can sync any folder to any folder. Much, much, much better than dropbox. I loved dropbox, until I found Sugarsync.

Also, that totally sounds like a sugarsync ad, it's not. I just don't get the hard on for Dropbox when it's actually not that good compared to it's competitors.
    Hrm, going to check it out. Only thing is it doesnt have linux support but its not a huge inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    this looks like an amazing tool, I am definitely signing up, and voting for webOS support. If only we had DocsToGo so we could open these files...
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    I *much* prefer sugarsync to dropbox. Same 2GB limit for the free version, but you're not limited to syncing the "dropbox" folder only. You can sync any folder to any folder. Much, much, much better than dropbox. I loved dropbox, until I found Sugarsync.

Also, that totally sounds like a sugarsync ad, it's not. I just don't get the hard on for Dropbox when it's actually not that good compared to it's competitors.
    I checked out sugarsync a little but still like dropbox for the fact that with referrals you can get up to 5 gigs with a free account.
    Put in my 6 votes...I really hope this come soon...

Dropbox is awesome.
    I lvoe dropbox, ive got the full 5gb and it works great. I voted for it, and i sent out a favor email to all those who I have gotten to join (20+ people) so we should be helping out with that vote
  7. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just noticed that you can vote up to 6 times for a requested feature, so make sure you do that! I used all my votes to bring this app to the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post
    Dropbox is really one of the best things I have ever downloaded.

It is really sad how far behind web OS is to Android in the voting.
    QFT. Only 500+ votes for the Pre compared to 8000+ for Android... C'mon guys, we can do better!
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    Just noticed that you can vote up to 6 times for a requested feature, so make sure you do that! I used all my votes to bring this app to the Pre.
    It appears you can vote up to 6 times each 30 days. So in 30 days it seems you can vote again.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I voted 6 times until it locked me out
  10.    #30  
    A little bit of information regarding the referring system:

Thanks to some kind souls over here I have now 3,25 GB of available space for free...it might go up more if I'll receive more referrals...just to let you know, go in vote for webOS please.

Hint* We do need 2100 more votes, that means 350 people going over there...there must be that amount of participants over here, or?

Cheers
    Last edited by Juize; 01/21/2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Hint
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just put in my 6 votes. Let's get this going.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    This can be done with samba share and cron using xorg tools link in my signature then using rsync command.

I'll soon be releasing support for auto dropbox syncing. Stay tuned.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Just added my 6 votes and bump! I think whether you use Dropbox or any of its competitors, you should still sign up for an account and vote - having the Pre's name out there helps recognition and most developers will eventually write for the WebOS platform.
    i just made it 700 votes, i really want this!!
    +6 Votes. Dropbox=AMAZING. It also keeps archived versions of all your revisions to every file. This saved me a when I needed a line of code I had written about a month earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_o View Post
    +6 Votes. Dropbox=AMAZING. It also keeps archived versions of all your revisions to every file. This saved me a when I needed a line of code I had written about a month earlier.
    I agree. As a programmer dropbox has been invaluable. Every time I save my source, it get's backed up instantly to their servers and synced to all of my other computers within seconds. Also they keep all revisions of files for one month, so if I screw up my source royally, then I have 152 (at present) past revisions that I can go back to.

Also, you can sync folders outside of dropbox, but you have to spend some time in command prompt, and in any case this functionality is planned for a future release.

I also have it set up so that my girlfriends saved games for Sims 3 sync between our computers so that when she is at my place she can play the same family that she left on her computer. I got major points for setting this up . Also one time she accidentally saved while some of her sims were frozen in time or something, so on my computer I restored her previous saved game and it was synced to her computer in about 10 minutes (the saves are about 40MB, mind you). Even more brownie points for me

And this is all with a free account too.

Best service I've ever signed up for.

Anyway, it would be incredible to be able to take a picture and have it sync to my desktop in seconds for uploading to a forum or whathaveyou
  18.    #38  
    I am now on 3,75 GB storage...come on and join the party and vote for Dropbox...we should do this on a Skype forum as well. But that is another story...and thread.
  19.    #39  
    Unofficial bump
    signed up and voted
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast