1.    #1  
    I have an App in the App catalog, and I noticed I've had several bad reviews because of App installation problems. Why are people giving bad reviews without researching the cause of the problems? Is it so hard to contact Palm or search the forums for why your App isn't installing (Especially when you've previously installed patches and hacks, which may very well be your own fault)?
    App reviews are supposed to reflect actual quality of an App, and not to complain about general phone problems. I'm sure several other developers would agree with me, that this is unfair. Giving an App 0 stars because it doesn't install, doesn't make sense. What is the developer supposed to do about it? Isn't it obvious that the problem is from your end? The App obviously installed properly for the other people who gave it 4/5 stars.
    So, please App reviewers be reasonable with your App reviews/ratings. Every review counts. If you reviewed an App poorly because of an issue like this, please go back and change it... support your developers.
    I haven't tried your app, but you make a couple good points. For one thing, the app catalog should allow developers to respond to + or - feedback. It should also allow users to change their rating after initially posting 1 or 2 stars.

Obviously, this does not fix negative feedback and problems with your app, but it would help elimate future problems from other users who may have the same problem. Palm should hear about this if you are a developer and if they don't have the resouces to fix it...maybe you can add a weblink in your products description that references FAQ or Help with Installs.

I've done R&D for Microsoft in the past and know from previous experience that most user don't accept anything but perfection for paid apps.

I don't even like crappy MS software and I used to work for them. Nonetheless you've reference a few thing I need to keep in mind for my projects and keep up the great work.

I like what your product is offering, the interface looks clean, and the concept is great... Sorli...
    what is your app?
    Unfortunately, this isn't an issue with internet ratings systems specific to the Palm app catalog, it happens everywhere people can rate things on the internet. For example on newegg people will rate a product very low because there was a delay in shipping or they never received it. People have to take those bogus reviews into account when looking at something. For myself, I don't really go by the star rating itself, I read a few of the legit reviews as well as word of mouth in the forums for an app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    what is your app?
    The App is called 'PictureIt'. It's for searching, browsing, and saving images/pictures from flickr, bing, google, photobucket. Visit our site at .
    If you like what you see, go give the App a try from the App catalog. It's one of the currently Featured Apps.
    It's a fair point. I had problems getting Need for Speed Underground to play and I was tempted to say so in the review comments area (which is kinda fair because it gives warning to potential buyers) but that's kinda unfair if the problem is on my end.

After unpatching, wiping, and doctoring, I had Sprint switch out my Pre for another. The game installed and has run wonderfully, so far.

So, while the problem wasn't MY fault, it also wasn't the developer's fault (although their support page was for $#!+).

I'm glad I reserved judgement. I don't know if people can edit their reviews, but it would be cool (and solve this problem) if they could.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    The App is called 'PictureIt'. It's for searching, browsing, and saving images/pictures from flickr, bing, google, photobucket. Visit our site at .
    If you like what you see, go give the App a try from the App catalog. It's one of the currently Featured Apps.
    Nice app and doesn't seem like anything else like it in the catalog... definitely a 4+ star app. To be honest, not something I'd pay for...but that's just me. I don't have an affliction to have to email or set background pictures. If it was free, I'd use it but you deserve to be paid for your work, especially for those who find it useful.

BTW...at last check, you've got 4 stars on the app's rating. Looks like the few bad apples who rated low are a non-factor. Good Luck.