1.    #1  
    Hiya forum
    So, if you didn't hear, Gowalla is gonna release an API sometime soon (read the story here, if you haven't: Gowalla API Coming Very Soon). Unfortunately I'm not very skilled in the dev area (lol) so if someone could make a Gowalla app sometime, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Sam
    care to explain what gowalla is
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    care to explain what gowalla is
    You may have heard of Foursquare. Its like that. A location based game where you "check in" and report what shops you are at. ATM, there's only an iPhone app, but as I said before, they're releasing an API soon.
    Maybe just switch over to foursquare?

I mean, there's already a foursquare app. I happen to be, er, know the developer personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgeoph View Post
    Maybe just switch over to foursquare?

I mean, there's already a foursquare app. I happen to be, er, know the developer personally.
    I have a foursquare right now, but all of my friends have a gowalla, so I want to be able to play it with them.

Well, tell him I said he's AWESOME.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Seems Gowalla just released their API...

Announcing the Gowalla API Gowalla

No offense sirgeoph, I use foursquare a little myself, but like mrducklumps, all my friends are on gowalla. Plus, the "scavenger hunt" idea of gowalla over the "I'm here!" idea of foursquare appeals to me more...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So has anyone started to develop a gowalla app? I believe Gowalla themselves have said they are working on a WebOS app, but that was many months ago.