1. fakemirror
    To MotionApps: - Since upgrading to webOS 1.3.5.1 a week ago, I have been unable to find Classic or Emulator in the US App Catalog. Furthermore, I have erased my Sprint Pre and performed a full Restore. All Apps and data were restored normally from my Palm Profile (as they should be), except for Classic !
    So, for me, my full, paid-up version of Classic has totally disappeared; No restore from Palm Profile and Not Available in the US App Catalog.

Yes, your support team sent me the work around link, but I am in Australia and do not have access to Sprint's CDMA network, and cannot send the link to my phone number. I do all my Pre work using my WiFi link (been happily doing this for months).

And so, my questions are -
    1. Is there a problem with Classic not being available in US App Catalog?
    2. Is there a further problem in Classic not restoring to from Palm Profiles?
    3. If so, are these problems related to webOS 1.3.5.1?

Love to hear from you.

Thanks
    Hey fakemirror,

Just to let you know that we are talking to Palm regarding this and that the issue is something they are aware of and are working on.

As soon as they provide us with any feedback, we will let you know.

Cheers!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    For the record I now see zero apps in the Catalog after uodating to 1.3.5.2
    Thankfully I did not doctor my Pre fore the update and I still have Classic intact.
    The problem it seems is with Palm and their geo-filtering and App Catalog policies.
    As mentioned in the GSM section they should not geo-restrict free downloads. Palm is just irritating potential customers this way. Android does not block access to free apps in theirs anf I hope Palm will fix this anomaly.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    For the record I now see zero apps in the Catalog after uodating to 1.3.5.2
    Thankfully I did not doctor my Pre fore the update and I still have Classic intact.
    The problem it seems is with Palm and their geo-filtering and App Catalog policies.
    As mentioned in the GSM section they should not geo-restrict free downloads. Palm is just irritating potential customers this way. Android does not block access to free apps in theirs anf I hope Palm will fix this anomaly.
    We hear you Doc.

And we know from your Tweets that you have no apps but Classic at this point.

Hopefully Palm does something about this soon, we are seeing many support requests (rants) regarding this on our side too.
    Follow us on Twitter

5. fakemirror
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Hey fakemirror,

Just to let you know that we are talking to Palm regarding this and that the issue is something they are aware of and are working on.

Cheers!
    Thanks MotionApps. I look forward to the day this is fixwed and I can see my beloved Classic again.

BTW...I think Pixie's Classic UI is much nice than Pre's virtual D-Ring.
    Be nice if the Pixie UI became the standard !
  6. fakemirror
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Hey fakemirror,

Cheers!
    Hi again MotionApps, has there been any developments in the issue of Classic missing in US App Catalog, and also nor restoring from PalmProfile. The silence is deafening !

Thank you
    A very disgruntled Classic owner
    Quote Originally Posted by fakemirror View Post
    Hi again MotionApps, has there been any developments in the issue of Classic missing in US App Catalog, and also nor restoring from PalmProfile. The silence is deafening !

Thank you
    A very disgruntled Classic owner
    Hey fakemirror,

Well, we know the issue is related to the App Catalog, and we’ve made a workaround for you guys until Palm fixes this.
    Here’s how you can download Classic Customer Support - MotionApps

Hope this helps. If any further questions on this, try contacting Palm support, they might be able to shed some more light.
    Follow us on Twitter