Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that NesEm (NES emulator) running natively on Palm Pre is now available for purchase from KalemSoft

A limited demo version can be downloaded from here

In the demo version, games will run for a short period of time after which they will freeze and you will need to restart the game. Also, the demo is limited to roms that are smaller than 40KB in size.

Installation requires WebOS Quick Install.

Update: NesEm is now available via Palm app catalog as well.

We thank everyone who showed interest in beta testing NesEm, especially those who spent considerable time and effort to help us fix the bugs.

Best Regards.

KalemSoft

Update: v1.0.0 is now available here. Here is the change log:

v1.0.0 - 08/30/2010
    ===================
    -- Full screen resolution support
    -- Fix for app catalog update overwriting NesEm with free version (you need to uninstall any previous version of NesEm and install v1.0.0 to get this fix working)

v0.9.9 - 08/13/2010
    ===================
    -- Fix for WebOS 1.4.5

v0.9.8 - 06/23/2010
    ===================
    -- Added GameGenie cheats support for select games (list will grow)
    -- Added keyboard support for diagonal directions
    -- Fixed a few graphics glitches
    -- Fixed an issue where save states screenshots were not updating sometimes

v0.9.1 - 03/09/2010
    ===================
    -- Fixed v0.9.0 bug where demo alert was still popping up after successful activation

v0.9.0 - 03/08/2010
    ===================
    -- Fixed incompatibilities with WebOS 1.4
    -- Improvements for on-screen controls
    -- Option to hide on-screen controls

v0.8.0 - 02/09/2010
    ===================
    -- On screen controls
    -- Sound distortion fix
    -- GUI enhancements
    -- Bundled two public domain roms

v0.7.2 - 02/01/2010
    ===================
    -- State saving support
    -- GUI enhancements

v0.7.1 - 01/21/2010
    ===================
    -- Fixed occasional freezes that were happening during game play
    -- Speed optimizations
    -- In-game back button replaced with quit key
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 09/21/2010 at 03:53 AM.
    any chance of getting it on preware
    Very nice, thank you!
    so is this a "linux" app running on the pre thanks to the sdl magic? or what? just curious as to what to expect as far as performance goes.... I tried the other nes emulators using the debian chroot and performance wasn't very good and there was no sound. Got any video demonstration of this running on a pre to show how well it runs? I guess i could try the demo... we'll see....
    How much are you asking? And how do we get more games?
    its 9.99
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    How much are you asking? And how do we get more games?
    10 bucks. It says right on their website.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Anyone know of a rom under 40K to try this with? All my roms are bigger.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    ok tried the demo i played popeye which froze after like 15 seconds and no sound then donkey kong which was kinda sluggish then froze just like he said the demo would. Depending on how much it is i would buy it i guess but if the games are gonna run slow i wouldnt even bother
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Why is this NOT in the palm app catelog? Emulators themselves are not illegal. My concern is if I download this there is no guarantee if you lose the files. I'd have to have to pay $9.99 twice.

Has anyone tested this? How well does it work? How is sound quality? How is gameplay?
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    Why is this NOT in the palm app catelog? Emulators themselves are not illegal. My concern is if I download this there is no guarantee if you lose the files. I'd have to have to pay $9.99 twice.

Has anyone tested this? How well does it work? How is sound quality? How is gameplay?
    The software is linked to your e-mail, so you wouldn't have to pay twice.

I used NesEm on my Treos/Centro and didn't have this problem.
    just played tennis works well sound is good, game play is good

increased screen size on popeye, sound works and gameplay is smooth
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Thank you so much for this! It runs wonderfully (tested Super Mario Bros 1) and the controls worked very well once I redefined them to my liking Fantastic work - thanks.

PS. If we spend the $9.99 are we entitled to updates? And for how long?

Thanks again
    i should hope so
    any chance of SNES action coming or will all my handheld gaming be handled by my Droid Eris while my pre is my business phone? Please snes love!
    SCK Manager
    one step at a time

THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Methinks you'd have more success doing this as donorware. Emulators in general are free, on any platform. Try donorware, bet you get more bites and bucks.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    silently nods because who wouldnt prefer it for a donation instead of a set amount
    This is cool, hopefully it works well because the price is a bit steep for an emulator, but I've been waiting for one so I'm thinking about paying for it once I know certain games work.

I hope there's a PDK version out too with GPU access, if this doesn't use it already it would speed it up a lot.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast