Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    NOBODY in this thread (that I saw) is arguing about the illegality of ROMs or emulation. Only the hypocrisy of saying one should pay for an emulator "because someone spent time on it" only to use that emulator for games one didn't pay for.

I hear what you're saying. I just don't think NES game piracy is much of a hot button topic. Were not talking PS3 games here. NES emulators have been around for a LONG time. I think they have been around for so long, that people in general seem to forget or dismiss the fact that the Super Mario Bros. ROM they just downloaded is still piracy, Even in 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I just don't think NES game piracy is much of a hot button topic. Were not talking PS3 games here. NES emulators have been around for a LONG time. I think they have been around for so long, that people in general seem to forget or dismiss the fact that the Super Mario Bros. ROM they just downloaded is still piracy, Even in 2010.
    I remember when emulation really got noticed and took off. Glory times of the internet back then!!
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    Look, I'm not saying the dev shouldn't charge for an emulator they designed. They can charge whatever they want. But I hate hearing claims that one "deserves" compensation just because effort was made. I'm only pointing out the irony here. Morality is not my issue here.
    Deserving compensation for effort, is up to the consumer. Some effort is more deserving than other.

The irony alert is appreciated, but as you've mentioned not all encompassing of the target market. (But I would bet most).

On the flip side there are those that believe all apps should be free, while they still want to be paid for their own work.

Still no takers on my "Mow my lawn for free." offer...

Ok, gotta go find InIlIoN and buy him a beer.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 01/15/2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Happy Hour time
    Clearly the developer of this app wants to make some money. They did not write the app with intention that everyone could get their Nintendo on. They did it because there is money to be made (apparently). Would I pay $9.99 for it? hell no.

I'm sure they realize that anyone who pirates nes roms will be willing to pirate their software.

to the person who made the selling bongs vs. selling weed analogy.. I wonder if the makers of the bongs really care if you share it's use with all your friends? just a thought.
    First of all this thread is not for the discussion of morality, its for the discussion of the software (questions, problems, etc).

Second of all you cheap a$$es (yes I can say that, I am a cheap ***** too. I'm not paying 10 bucks for this software) need to just wait a month, then we will have several emulators to choose from (NES, SNES, Sega, PSX) written by several different developers, at prices from free on up. We have waited this long..whats another month.

In the mean time try the WebOS Internals version, it might take some work...but hey you get what you PAY for

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by jfultz14976; 01/15/2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Motorola i920 --> Motorola Q9c --> HTC Mogul --> T-Mobile Wing --> Palm Pre

All work phones! All free! Doesn't keep me from hacking the out of every single one of them!!
    I'm waiting for a gba emaulator, any chance of you guys working on that?
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    it doesnt matter if he put effort into making the app. the point is that he made an app so we can play illegal roms on. doesnt matter if he made the app so we can have it on our pre. who cares if we have it on our pre. were doing sumthin illegal whether its a hot topic or not. so basically were playing illegal games and if were not goin to then the app is basically useless and hence a waste of 10 dollars. so if the developers of the FART app asked for money then they deserve money too?? NO SIR! just becuz u put effort into sumthin doesnt mean you deserve money for it. they can ask to be paid for it but dont deserve money for there efforts... P.S. and just becuz they made it and others cant doesnt mean they deserve money either... AMEN!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    +1

Though some people may own a ton of cartridges just sitting in storage.

I'm all for a Commodore 64 and Amiga emulator. Got a nice sized collection of legally obtained software from way back when.
    +1 on the C-64 or Amiga Emulator

I don't get why people think the emulator should be free. It took technical skill, time and effort to get it to work. Folks, it is not easy. Usually people who have zero experience developing software or porting an application fail to see the value because they don't know what it takes to make it happen.

If you have a large library of NES games that you paid for I don't see anything wrong with obtaining the ROMs for those same games. It seems ethical to me.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    it doesnt matter if he put effort into making the app. the point is that he made an app so we can play illegal roms on. doesnt matter if he made the app so we can have it on our pre. who cares if we have it on our pre. were doing sumthin illegal whether its a hot topic or not. so basically were playing illegal games and if were not goin to then the app is basically useless and hence a waste of 10 dollars.
    Umm... excuse me, but if I already bought Super Mario Bros 3, Super Contra, and Super Dodgeball Brawlers and still own a copy, then it is perfectly legal for me to play these ROMs on my Pre. So go back to your legal books.
    I used NESEM on my Tungsten C through my Treo 755p, Kalemsoft had great support whenever I dealt with them back in the day. Looking forward to trying this out on my Pre.
    Jimmie Geddes
    ummmm thats fine but i guarantee ur not just goin to play the roms youve bought so your excused.....
    look thats good that your goin to ONLY play roms that youve bought but your a very small percentage of people, becuz theres a wayyyyyy bigger percentage out there playing roms they havent bought becuz they wanna play a game they havent played before NOT the same crap over and over. either way there will be an emulator that is free in the near future for the pre so people arent going to pay for an app when the exact same app is free.
  13. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Is the emulator using the gpu?
    There are no Games in the Load Rom section. How do I load games into it and where do I get the ROM's?
    P.S. so this whole discussion is a waste of time and i am sorry for wasting my own time...
    This whole debate of whether or not to pay for the emulator seems ridiculous, if you don't want to pay for it don't pay and quit whining about it not being free, if you want to use it pay for it and shut up, who cares if you think they deserve to be compensated or not, that's the price they're asking for their emulator
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonp1970 View Post
    There are no Games in the Load Rom section. How do I load games into it and where do I get the ROM's?
    make a folder in the pre called roms get utorrent download them I got mine for site called extratorrent took like 10 mins to get 765 roms for the nes.hey 10 bucks it alot but I def have 10 buck worth of fun out of it in the last 2 days def works well some bugs but sure updates will come.
    I get all rom's for all systems @ www dot the old computer dot com. They have every NES rom oh and they are all free.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I get all rom's for all systems @ www dot the old computer dot com. They have every NES rom oh and they are all free.
    All of the ROM links on that site result in a 404 error.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I have to say, i was leery about ordering this, but if you consider all the roms you could get......10 bucks is well worth it. Worked like a charm.......looks fantastic
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast