Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 365
  1. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    its nothing is all im saying. u dont get anything with it. thats my point, you can understand it or not
    but... an emulator is something. before paying the $10, you couldn't play NES ROMs, after paying the $10 you can now play NES ROMs. clearly you got something from spending those $10.

    code doesn't write itself. if you feel this strongly about it, write your own emulator and give it away for free. the developers of NesEm obviously feel they should be compensated for their work, and I'm sorry that you don't agree with that.

    edit: on topic though,

    I still cannot get the sound to work. is this a limitation of the demo version?
    Last edited by pomokey; 01/15/2010 at 06:16 PM.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    first, you have lost all hope with me. bringing up spelling into this is a chick thing to do. its the internet man, im not writing a buk here < see how i spelled book creative huh. u know what it said so STFU



    no there u get a DVD player as well dont forget that! this is nothign.. some code.. doesnt work unless your a crook. should be cheaper... this may be worse then the guy selling old firmware to get tethering going. its nothing is all im saying. u dont get anything with it. thats my point, you can understand it or not
    Wasn't sure if you knew the difference between the two words. "Buk" is creative. "Your" instead of "you're" not so much.

    If you call people names on the internet (like sucka, or chick) you are a coward. Pure and simple.
    Irony alert.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    Have you ever seen a GP2X?

    ThinkGeek :: GP2X Wiz MAME/Amiga/Console Emulator

    So should this device be free, because it runs on downloaded ROMS?

    Pretty broken logic. Someone still had to develop and troubleshoot the app.
    no, thats something you hold in ur hand. its physically there. here your telling me to pay for some code. cuz someone spent time on, but i can get the game free cuz they dont need money, they didnt spend time on it. u guys are idiots, do you even understand what im saying. talking about a real products isnt going to help this. there you get plastic, thats worth something in itself
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    Have you ever seen a GP2X?

    So should this device be free, because it runs on downloaded ROMS?

    Pretty broken logic. Someone still had to develop and troubleshoot the app.
    Never once did I say anything, program or hardware, should be free. I merely pointed out the irony of those saying we should pay for an emulator because someone put time into it, only to turn around and download games without paying for them.

    My logic is sound.
  5. #65  
    Any discount for those who bought the PalmOS version? KalemSofts' Gizmo was a great Sega emulator that I had paid for, but wasn't updated much - 1.1beta was the last version in 2003. Overall, LJP was the best emulator for PalmOS and it worked with ALL the console ROMs - Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafix, etc. Too bad the authors made the development private (or gave up).
    Last edited by emair; 01/15/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    but... an emulator is something. before paying the $10, you couldn't play NES ROMs, after paying the $10 you can now play NES ROMs. clearly you got something from spending those $10.

    code doesn't write itself. if you feel this strongly about it, write your own emulator and give it away for free. the developers of NesEm obviously feel they should be compensated for their work, and I'm sorry that you don't agree with that.

    edit: on topic though,

    I still cannot get the sound for super mario bros to work. is this a limitation of the demo version?
    the code is on internals. and porting code over to other platforms isnt as hard as u think. lots of companies do it
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    Never once did I say anything, program or hardware, should be free. I merely pointed out the irony of those saying we should pay for an emulator because someone put time into it, only to turn around and download games without paying for them.

    My logic is sound.
    right on the money! with that i leave for i have more important things to do
  8. #68  
    Look here is the basic truth about the world...

    You get paid for what you can do...

    This is simple capitalism at work here. You dont spend 80,000 dollars at a 4 year institute to learn how to be an engineer and then have the guy laugh at you for asking how much you get paid...you learn or develop a skill and that skill sells.

    These guys MADE SOMETHING...this something ALLOWS us to play NES games. That deserves a little something in return....simple capitalism...

    or if you dont want to think of it that way....then how about this...

    stop being a frackin cheap *** and give them the money as your thanks for them making a good program along with a slap on the back and a 2 thumbs up. Id take them out and buy them all a beer if I could. they used their(im thinking there is more than one person developing this) skills to write a hell of a program that even WEBOS internals had a hard time doing (obviously-because we dont see the program in preware.)

    Maybe 10.00 bucks is too high...maybe it should be 5....or 3.....the point is, if they feel they should get paid for their work....then they DESERVE to get paid....
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    I find the irony of this conversation too hilarious. We should pay $10 (or any amount of money) for an emulator because someone 'spent time and effort' developing it, only to use this program to run NES games downloaded for free?

    bwahahahahahaha.

    Don't forget to send your check to Nintendo after you download those ROMS fellas!
    do you know anyone thats been arrested for illegally obtaining roms? is that hot on law enforcements radar now?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    no there u get a DVD player as well dont forget that! this is nothign.. some code.. doesnt work unless your a crook. should be cheaper... this may be worse then the guy selling old firmware to get tethering going. its nothing is all im saying. u dont get anything with it. thats my point, you can understand it or not
    All apps are just "some code". Bottom line, if Kalemsoft wasn't selling this right now, there wouldn't be an NES emulator on the pre (in native app form). The question is whether or not it is worth it to the individual to pay $10 for the ability to play NES games on your pre.

    I also paid for the Tethering app. I have used it many times, and am thankful it exists.

    Sounds like since everything is just a bunch of code and is so simple to you, that you don't need apps at all. You can apparently make your own that would no doubt rival any paid app on the market. Maybe I should be purchasing my apps from you. Which ones have you developed?

    Its not that I don't understand your point. I just don't agree with it, and I would have to believe that the majority of the development community wouldn't agree with it either.
  11. #71  
    [QUOTE=darkheart777;2156910]

    These guys MADE SOMETHING...this something ALLOWS us to play NES games. That deserves a little something in return....simple capitalism...

    /QUOTE]

    Once again, don't forget to send your checks to Nintendo after downloading the ROMS. Remember, they MADE SOMETHING, so they deserve something in return.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    Never once did I say anything, program or hardware, should be free. I merely pointed out the irony of those saying we should pay for an emulator because someone put time into it, only to turn around and download games without paying for them.

    My logic is sound.
    Is your logic sound if those people have already paid Nintendo for those roms?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    do you know anyone thats been arrested for illegally obtaining roms? is that hot on law enforcements radar now?
    That was never my point, but no, it's not a big issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Is your logic sound if those people have already paid Nintendo for those roms?
    If they paid Nintendo, then good for them. They aren't hypocrites.
  14. #74  
    It seems like nobody in this thread realizes that downloading ROMS is NOT Illegal. It's only illegal if you do not own the legally purchased cartridge for the game you want to play on your palm. The maker of NesEm is not asking you to do something illegal by using his software. It's your own judgement whether you want to break the law or not. If you don't feel like pirating games, then just download roms for games that you actually OWN. If you do not OWN any games, then don't even bother buying the emulator unless you want to pirate. Programming emulators for handheld devices is a specialized talent...that's why you're paying for it. Good day.
  15. #75  
    You all know what this argument is??? it is the same argument we heard during the huge battle between Napster and the Musicians. Its a simple idealogy about whats fair and whats free.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by firejammerxr View Post
    It seems like nobody in this thread realizes that downloading ROMS is NOT Illegal. It's only illegal if you do not own the legally purchased cartridge for the game you want to play on your palm. The maker of NesEm is not asking you to do something illegal by using his software. It's your own judgement whether you want to break the law or not. If you don't feel like pirating games, then just download roms for games that you actually OWN. If you do not OWN any games, then don't even bother buying the emulator unless you want to pirate. Programming emulators for handheld devices is a specialized talent...that's why you're paying for it. Good day.
    Pretty sure OctoberOrange and myself are aware of this...
  17. #77  
    NOBODY in this thread (that I saw) is arguing about the illegality of ROMs or emulation. Only the hypocrisy of saying one should pay for an emulator "because someone spent time on it" only to use that emulator for games one didn't pay for.
  18. #78  
    well that should be up to the person paying or not paying the money....end of story
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  19. #79  
    Look, I'm not saying the dev shouldn't charge for an emulator they designed. They can charge whatever they want. But I hate hearing claims that one "deserves" compensation just because effort was made. I'm only pointing out the irony here. Morality is not my issue here.
  20. #80  
    I am NOT BY ANY MEANS saying you should use the emulator to buy Roms you didnt pay for....this is a very basic issue october...

    its not about how you use the emulator its about the fact that A EMULATOR HAS BEEN MADE and credit is due for that...

    i dont really care what someone does once they get the emulator....the point is that SOMEONE MADE THE EMULATOR and if they feel they should get compensated for their work...then kudos to them...they deserve it...
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions