Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    $10 for an emulator??

Pass.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Does anybody not find it weird that they claim to be around since 2003 and there are no posts in their forums on the website?
    The forum has gotten lots of spam lately. Instead of cleaning it up, we decided to start it from fresh. If you search for KalemSoft or NesEm at google, I am sure you will find lots of links pointing back until 2003. Original NesEm was the very first NES emulator for Palm OS by the way.

Regards.
    ya a price for an emulator, your an ***** if you buy this. its not like you wrote the game, which is more important then something to play it on. its like buying gas with no car
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Does anybody not find it weird that they claim to be around since 2003 and there are no posts in their forums on the website?
    I think they cleaned up the forums and restarted them from scratch. I have emails from them from 2005 in my gmail account from my PalmOS days...
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    ya a price for an emulator, your an ***** if you buy this. its not like you wrote the game, which is more important then something to play it on. its like buying gas with no car
    Yes you are right. Gasoline should be free.

Until then you should pay people for their work, or not, your choice.

Vote with your wallet.

Does anyone want to mow my lawn for free?
    To be honest, i'll wait to see what an emulator is like with the PDK. But i respect and appreciate the hard work guys.
    IS there naked chicks sunning on the porch while I mow it?
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    $10 for an emulator??

Pass.
    basically
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Yes you are right. Gasoline should be free.

Until then you should pay people for their work, or not, your choice.

Vote with your wallet.

Does anyone want to mow my lawn for free?
    its not about the money. its about the fact that your selling nothing. just a means of playing something thats not there. its an emulator. not emulator and rom.
    with this you have to illegally obtain a rom, does nintendo sell roms im not aware of... i dont think so.
    so this it just dumb. this wont make it into the app catalog... ever
    good luck, if im going to illegally obtain a rom.. i think ill get an illegally obtained emulator as well sucker
    Actually....nesoid for the android is selling quite well and its just an emulator. Think about it...not EVERYONE can make an emulator....like mannyman said...you should be willing to pay for the time and effort that went into making this. Maybe they should drop the price to 4.99 or 5.99 but I dont believe they have an obligation to offer it for free. They deserve a little something for their time.
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/15/2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added more
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Actually....nesoid for the android is selling quite well and its just an emulator. Think about it...not EVERYONE can make an emulator....like mannyman said...you should be willing to pay for the time and effort that went into making this. Maybe they should drop the price to 4.99 or 5.99 but I dont believe they have an obligation to offer it for free. They deserve a little something for their time.
    ya a little something is cool. 10 bucks and your telling me to go steal games.. cuss you. thats what mannyman didnt understand. its one thing to ask for something.. for that much there should be more
    its not about the money. its about the fact that your selling nothing. just a means of playing something thats not there. its an emulator. not emulator and rom.
    with this you have to illegally obtain a rom, does nintendo sell roms im not aware of... i dont think so.
    good luck, if im going to illegally obtain a rom.. i think ill get an illegally obtained emulator as well sucker
    I'm not related to Kalemsoft.
    [Plus it is "you're" (you are) not "your".]

It is NOT illegal to sell emulators.
    It IS illegal to sell copyrighted roms.

It is not illegal to sell pipes, or bongs.
    It is illegal to sell crack, or pot.

No one is asking you you to do something illegal.

You seem to be upset that Kalemsoft is not doing something illegal for money (to include roms with the emulator) , or you seem to be upset that someone is asking for money for something people in general can't do themselves (create an easy to launch emulator).
    Following that logic, a PS3 or Xbox 360 that doesn't come with a game should be free. Since it is "just a means of playing something that's not there". Same thing for a DVD player that doesn't come with any movies, or an MP3 player that doesn't come pre-loaded with music.

Good luck finding an "illegally obtained emulator" and getting it to run on your pre. If it were that easy, most of us would already have an emulator of some sort on our phones. These people are charging because they took the initiative and time to put it together in a way that would allow anyone to get it up and running. Why should they do this for free? If there were multiple NES emulators out there for free, that would be a different story, but there isn't.
    I find the irony of this conversation too hilarious. We should pay $10 (or any amount of money) for an emulator because someone 'spent time and effort' developing it, only to use this program to run NES games downloaded for free?

bwahahahahahaha.

Don't forget to send your check to Nintendo after you download those ROMS fellas!
    I suggest maybe an ad supported version for people that do not want to pay anything.

Banner ads bug me, but so does letting go of my hard earned cash. It can then be up to me if I want to pay for ad free versions of apps.
    I find the irony of this conversation too hilarious. We should pay $10 (or any amount of money) for an emulator because someone 'spent time and effort' developing it, only to use this program to run NES games downloaded for free?

bwahahahahahaha.

Don't forget to send your check to Nintendo after you download those ROMS fellas!
    +1

Though some people may own a ton of cartridges just sitting in storage.

I'm all for a Commodore 64 and Amiga emulator. Got a nice sized collection of legally obtained software from way back when.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 01/15/2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added more dribble
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I'm not related to Kalemsoft.
    [Plus it is "you're" (you are) not "your".]

It is NOT illegal to sell emulators.
    It IS illegal to sell copyrighted roms.

It is not illegal to sell pipes, or bongs.
    It is illegal to sell crack, or pot.

No one is asking you you to do something illegal.

You seem to be upset that Kalemsoft is not doing something illegal for money (to include roms with the emulator) , or you seem to be upset that someone is asking for money for something people in general can't do themselves (create an easy to launch emulator).
    first, you have lost all hope with me. bringing up spelling into this is a chick thing to do. its the internet man, im not writing a buk here < see how i spelled book creative huh. u know what it said so STFU

Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    Following that logic, a PS3 or Xbox 360 that doesn't come with a game should be free. Since it is "just a means of playing something that's not there". Same thing for a DVD player that doesn't come with any movies, or an MP3 player that doesn't come pre-loaded with music.

Good luck finding an "illegally obtained emulator" and getting it to run on your pre. If it were that easy, most of us would already have an emulator of some sort on our phones. These people are charging because they took the initiative and time to put it together in a way that would allow anyone to get it up and running. Why should they do this for free? If there were multiple NES emulators out there for free, that would be a different story, but there isn't.
    no there u get a DVD player as well dont forget that! this is nothign.. some code.. doesnt work unless your a crook. should be cheaper... this may be worse then the guy selling old firmware to get tethering going. its nothing is all im saying. u dont get anything with it. thats my point, you can understand it or not
    $10 for an emulator??

Pass.
    florals? for spring? groundbreaking.

bwahahahahahaha.

at least one person understands what im getting at haha

bwahahahahahaha.

Have you ever seen a GP2X?

ThinkGeek :: GP2X Wiz MAME/Amiga/Console Emulator

So should this device be free, because it runs on downloaded ROMS?

Pretty broken logic. Someone still had to develop and troubleshoot the app.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast