Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of NesEm v0.9.0. Here is the change log:

v0.9.0 - 03/08/2010
    ===================
    -- Fixed incompatibilities with WebOS 1.4
    -- Improvements for on-screen controls
    -- Option to hide on-screen controls

Regards.
    do I need to remove first then install again to get the update ? It's no update button
    yep remove then reinstall update has fixed the crashing...and the gamepad definitely responds alot better jus got done playing mario 2
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    do I need to remove first then install again to get the update ? It's no update button
    I just downloaded the ipk from kalemsoft's website then updated via WebOSQI. I didn't remove beforehand and it worked fine.

Thanks for the update Kalem!
    Hi Kalem,

Thanks for the support earlier, it works fine now. By the way the on-screen controls work much better now, really great work. Thanks
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How much are you going to charge when it is available via the app catalog? Also is the emulator built from scratch or does it borrow from other C nes emulators and if so which ones?
    I paid the 9.99 and activated my subsrciption on my phone. The question is how exactly do i get games like mario and mike tyson on there now?
    Quote Originally Posted by optiwhite View Post
    I paid the 9.99 and activated my subsrciption on my phone. The question is how exactly do i get games like mario and mike tyson on there now?
    They have an FAQ on their web site, and on the first page of this thread. You connect your phone to your computer; using the USB drive option. Look for the NesEM folder, and then add the ROM's to that folder. There is a ROM folder within the NesEM folder. We can't post links to any ROM sites; so you will have to do this on your own.

(S4RS) I don't imagine it will ever be offered through Palm's app store, because Emulators are not sold that way. And the devloper told me that they created the NesEM for the WebOS from scratch. That is why it cost $10.

My question; when is the Game Genie update coming out? There is so many games that would be much more enjoyable to play with Game Genie cheats.
    i got it updated and running and its running great! just one question, when i first started it up it gave me the message that i have to activate. so i put in my email and no problems. when i close and reopen the app, it gives me the same message. any ideas?
    I changed my keyboard configuration because there's a downside to having no tactile "home" divit (sp?) to help the user return to the neutral position without looking. NOW I use the buttons around the "f" button for up, down, etc. That's working out nicely.

The day that I find a way to add this useful element to the onscreen interface, I may not alternate between the two interfaces (leaning toward the keyboard).

Either way, I'm LOVING having this emulator on my Pre.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    (S4RS) I don't imagine it will ever be offered through Palm's app store, because Emulators are not sold that way. And the devloper told me that they created the NesEM for the WebOS from scratch. That is why it cost $10.
    I dont know that thats true. Emulators are 100 percent legal to sell and distribute and there is nothing that the law can do to stop someone from selling them as long as they dont use proprietary code, which they don't. As long no ROMs are being sold then there is no problem. I personally don't think Palm would stop that app from being in the app store, and I am sure they would appreciate it at a time like this, and although I am willing to pay 10 bucks for the app, I want to know that the software isn't hacked on and properly uses palms SDK for C++ development. Not being in the app store sounds more like (we reserve the right not to support this app if System updates break functionality). Further more I seriously doubt that anyone would build an NES emulator from scratch now-a-days, and would like to know that this company isn't just modifying someone else's open source code and selling it without crediting or paying the creator(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    I dont know that thats true. Emulators are 100 percent legal to sell and distribute and there is nothing that the law can do to stop someone from selling them as long as they dont use proprietary code, which they don't. As long no ROMs are being sold then there is no problem. I personally don't think Palm would stop that app from being in the app store, and I am sure they would appreciate it at a time like this, and although I am willing to pay 10 bucks for the app, I want to know that the software isn't hacked on and properly uses palms SDK for C++ development. Not being in the app store sounds more like (we reserve the right not to support this app if System updates break functionality). Further more I seriously doubt that anyone would build an NES emulator from scratch now-a-days, and would like to know that this company isn't just modifying someone else's open source code and selling it without crediting or paying the creator(s).
    How would the App Cat prove that the code is original?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkhwk4502 View Post
    i got it updated and running and its running great! just one question, when i first started it up it gave me the message that i have to activate. so i put in my email and no problems. when i close and reopen the app, it gives me the same message. any ideas?
    I have this problem too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still does it. The emu runs fine still, even though it claims to be in demo mode, it still lets me open my roms larger than 40k and doesn't freeze. Just a minor annoyance.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    I have this problem too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still does it. The emu runs fine still, even though it claims to be in demo mode, it still lets me open my roms larger than 40k and doesn't freeze. Just a minor annoyance.
    Please upgrade to 0.9.1 if you haven't already. This issue has been addressed in that version.

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Please upgrade to 0.9.1 if you haven't already. This issue has been addressed in that version.

Regards.
    Thanks, works like a charm
    I have nesem .9.1 and update webos 1.4.0 thanks for the .9.1 update Kalem soft. There is only one small problem left and funny thing about it also. After I'm finished playing roms this is what happens; when I go to my photos I find that I have screen captures of the videogames I had just finnished playing. Now here is the funny part, when I intentionaly make a screen capture of a game, afterwards when I go to my photos I find that the screen captures are only just black and blank. This is not a complaint, only a report on bugs.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    There any way to get a compatability chart of some kind. I spent $10 on this application and i've already found it wont run some of my favorite games. Dragon quest IV for example. Also, will there be updates in the future to expand this list?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelII View Post
    I have nesem .9.1 and update webos 1.4.0 thanks for the .9.1 update Kalem soft. There is only one small problem left and funny thing about it also. After I'm finished playing roms this is what happens; when I go to my photos I find that I have screen captures of the videogames I had just finnished playing. Now here is the funny part, when I intentionaly make a screen capture of a game, afterwards when I go to my photos I find that the screen captures are only just black and blank. This is not a complaint, only a report on bugs.
    I don't think this one is KalemSoft's fault. Try taking a screen cap while playing a video; works fine when the video is paused, but is only a black image when taken from moving video. Must have something to do with the way the Pre takes the image, or maybe how long it takes to take the image. I'm just speculating, but one workaround is to just pause your game and then take the screen cap from there. I hope this is something palm fixes, but I can't imagine it is on top of their priority list right now. Maybe...a pAtch could fIx it???
    I know the WebOS 1.4 update threw a monkey wrench into the Game Genie update, but KalemSoft do you have an idea when that update may be coming out? 1, 2, 3 or more months? I'm stuck on some games and can't beat them without the Game Genie's help. Because the basic codes for NES games tend to be Extra Lives, Access To Certain Levels, ect; whereas Game Genie had the best codes dealing with Infinite Lives, Unlimited Weapons, Unlimited Game-Timers and such. So the Game Genie would be really helpful with a lot of different games.

And the updated Game Controls are a lot more responsive! The buttons dealing with the up and down side-angles work really well!
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/29/2010 at 04:46 AM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by jwsoldier View Post
    There any way to get a compatability chart of some kind. I spent $10 on this application and i've already found it wont run some of my favorite games. Dragon quest IV for example. Also, will there be updates in the future to expand this list?
    There is hundreds of NES games; so it would take forever to update that list. Also seeing as each update can fix these issues; the list would be too much work to maintain. I have found some games won't work on one ROM file, but then I get it from somewhere else and it does. So you basically just have to try and see what works. I do wish we could Swipe-to-Delete games we no longer want in our NesEM catalog; so we can delete the ROM's that don't work right from within the Emulator.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel