Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Kalem,

Any word on compatibility with the Pixi??

Downloaded the latest from preware and tried running the public roms but didn't work.

Thanks for all your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all

Do you think that when you make the next update;that you can make the Touch-Screen controller work without having to tap an area to make a movement? So instead of having to press the (Back-Key) to move back, then press the (Front-Key) to move forward; you would just let us slide our finger from one toggle direction to another. The Touch-Screen is great, I would just like to see different types of screen layouts and configuations. And the addition of Game Genie would also be a nice update.

And lastly, are you by chance working on any Sega Gen and/or Super Nintendo emulators?
    I woke up this morning to huge sound distortion in NesEm - it worked fine last night & I haven't made any package/software changes since then.

The sound distortion affects all ROMs & I've tried both rebooting the Pre & reinstalling the emulator.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I woke up this morning to huge sound distortion in NesEm - it worked fine last night & I haven't made any package/software changes since then.

The sound distortion affects all ROMs & I've tried both rebooting the Pre & reinstalling the emulator.

Any ideas?
    What kind of sound distrotion? Does it happen (Only) when using NesEM? Did you download any patches that wouldn't take effect until you reset the phone? Does the sound occur or change at an angel? Try to give as much detail as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    What kind of sound distrotion? Does it happen (Only) when using NesEM? Did you download any patches that wouldn't take effect until you reset the phone? Does the sound occur or change at an angel? Try to give as much detail as possible.
    Yeah it was only in NesEm - I tested my speaker in the Music app and during a call and there was no distortion. When I loaded NesEm it sounded like the speaker was blown, or like it could only handle 2 channels instead of 5. It's really odd. I don't recall installing any apps or patches between the times when it worked and then stopped working. I regularly reboot my system as I swap between batteries two or three times a day. In any case it works now for no discernible reason. I will have to assume that this is a user error or some combination of patches that I've installed. Still, an interesting bug.
    Yeah it was only in NesEm - I tested my speaker in the Music app and during a call and there was no distortion. When I loaded NesEm it sounded like the speaker was blown, or like it could only handle 2 channels instead of 5. It's really odd. I don't recall installing any apps or patches between the times when it worked and then stopped working. I regularly reboot my system as I swap between batteries two or three times a day. In any case it works now for no discernible reason. I will have to assume that this is a user error or some combination of patches that I've installed. Still, an interesting bug.
    I'm glad you got it worked out. It's good that you posted that bug here, so others can have at least an idea of where to look first when trouble-shooting. The thing with WebOS phones, is that they are more like a computer then other types of phones, and computers will just mess up for almost no reason. There is always a reason, but who knows what each could be. So these phones will do weird things at anytime. And since ROM's are not official apps, then they can act up big time. I just know from my Pre how many bugs can come about from Patches. So that should be one of the first places a user should look into when it comes to bugs.
    Try turning the volume up. I was getting distortion too, but noticed it was only when the volume was low.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Try turning the volume up. I was getting distortion too, but noticed it was only when the volume was low.
    Yeah I just ran into this issue for the first time the other day. The sound was odd in Blaster Master, but when I adjusted the volume; it did help for a while. Once I reinstalled the game though; then the issue hasn't come back since. Maybe corrupt ROM's can be causing sound issues. The emulator didn't have this problem for me until I installed that new game. I wish there was some ROM testing app. An app that would scan the file for any issues, before we install it.
    I have been having a problem with nesem. It was running perfect but I screwed something up and had to doctor my pre. when i reinstalled nesem it's stuck in demo mode the activate button is blacked out. is anyone else having this prob???
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer450 View Post
    I have been having a problem with nesem. It was running perfect but I screwed something up and had to doctor my pre. when i reinstalled nesem it's stuck in demo mode the activate button is blacked out. is anyone else having this prob???
    Yes, I ran into the exact same problem. All I had to do was uninstall nesem (I did this from preware I think) and restart then reinstall. The activate button should be back and you can then just enter your email as usual.
    Having issues after 1.4. My entire Palm Pre is resetting itself after attempting to Activate the Newem program or load a rom. Anybody else having similar issues?
    I just tried loading Nesem and played zelda with no problems on 1.4 and after patch updating. Maybe try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling nesem. Did you update patches yet? Maybe that has something to do with it. Good luck!
    im getting the same rebooting everytime i run the app. i uninstalled and reinstalled and still rebooting by yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleozero View Post
    Having issues after 1.4. My entire Palm Pre is resetting itself after attempting to Activate the Newem program or load a rom. Anybody else having similar issues?
    Same here. I'm sure the developer is working on an update. I think the 1.4 update is some kind of inside joke from Palm. It's crashing more apps and setting off more Card-Errors in it's 1st day of use; then I have delt with all of this month. And don't bother Doctoring your phone; it won't fix this error. I had to Doctor my phone because the update caused my phone to take 15 minutes to load. And even after I Doctored my phone; the crashing and card-errors still remain...
  15.    #275  
    Hi all,

We are aware of WebOS 1.4 issue. We are currently working on a fix. We will make an annoucement as soon as a fix is available. Thank you for your patience.

Regards.

KalemSoft
    Mine only reboots after I close the game. Not ideal, but better than the middle.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I tried that several times, no luck. I ended up contacting KalemSoft Support. this is what they come up with. worked great.

You will need to delete nesem cookies off your device manually since WebOS Quick Install or Preware fails to do so.

You can run the following command from the terminal to delete the nesem cookie:

sqlite3 /var/palm/data/cookies.db "delete from Cookies where name like '%ACTCookie%'"

Please type this as exactly as it is shown including the quotes and then restart your device or restart Luna. That should let you activate it again.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

But now luna crashes on load up thanks to webos 1.4 update
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Mine only reboots after I close the game. Not ideal, but better than the middle.
    Mine does this too. When I close a game the phone freezes up, then luna restarts.

Minor annoyance, I'm sure Kalemsoft is working hard to correct this for us.
    So how is the patch update going? I know it can takes weeks to find out what the problems are. I just hope this emulator can be updated to work with WebOS version 1.4.
    The nesem app worked great and I played alot of cool roms. Aproximatly 8 out of 10 or so worked nearly perfect on it running on webos 1531. Ufortunately when I had installed webos 1.4.0, it was freezing and restarting my pre when I would exit a rom. My solution for now is to put webos 1351 back in to the pre. I havn't found out if this webos 1.4.0 update causes any problems with other apps.