Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Hi all,

v0.8.0 Beta is now available as a standalone ipk download from here. It will be released via Preware soon. Here is a list of changes:

-- On screen controls
    -- Sound distortion fix
    -- GUI enhancements
    -- Bundled two public domain roms

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

v0.8.0 Beta is now available as a standalone ipk download from here. It will be released via Preware soon. Here is a list of changes:

-- On screen controls
    -- Sound distortion fix
    -- GUI enhancements
    -- Bundled two public domain roms

Regards.
    WOOOOOOOO! Pardon my French, but that $#!+ is TIGHT! That's how you do it!

I tried it briefly, then was interrupted by a certain co-habitating female. I liked what I saw a lot. If I can just find a way to stay centered on the controller, that'd be great. It sure is purdy, though! *swoons*

Whether it turns out that it needs some tweaking or not, thanks so much for the lightning-fast updates and the willingness to listen to users' suggestions! I'm super-glad I invested in this product.

(Yeah, I'm kinda giddy. Sorry.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hi Kalem,

Thanks for the latest update it's great that you're working so hard on this.

Personally I prefer to use the keyboard to control the game - are you planning to offer a "hide onscreen keyboard & center gameplay window" mode? I'd really like to see this - perhaps with customizable artwork above & below the window as we once discussed via email.

Thanks again for the fast updates
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/10/2010 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hi Kalem,

Thanks for the latest update it's great that you're working so hard on this.

Personally I prefer to use the keyboard to control the game - are you planning to offer a "hide onscreen keyboard & center gameplay window" mode? I'd really like to see this - perhaps with customizable artwork above & below the window as we once discussed via email.

Thanks again for the fast updates
    Why do you want to remove it? It doesn't keep you from using the keyboard, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Why do you want to remove it? It doesn't keep you from using the keyboard, right?
    True, it's perfectly playable like this but it feels sligtly uncomfortable looking at the top of the screen especially with the slider open. Plus for aesthetic reasons it would just look nicer - the on screen keyboard is great but it's taking up half the screen & it's kind of in the way if you never want to use it.
    I loaded new beta but I don't see an on screen jeyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by blkhwk4502 View Post
    I loaded new beta but I don't see an on screen jeyboard
    I deleted my old version before installing the new one, but it wouldn't install, for me, using filecoaster - although it would say it did. So, if I'd NOT deleted the old version, first, i'd probably have thought, like you, that the "new" version lacked the on-screen controls.

But I'd have still been using the old version.

I noticed that the icon for the new version is an NES game console image, not Mario, as it once was. Which do you have, now? If it's still Mario, it's still the old version.

I installed using webOS Quick Install and was successful. Good luck.
    I deleted my old version before installing the new one, but it wouldn't install, for me, using filecoaster - although it would say it did. So, if I'd NOT deleted the old version, first, i'd probably have thought, like you, that the "new" version lacked the on-screen controls.

But I'd have still been using the old version.

I noticed that the icon for the new version is an NES game console image, not Mario, as it once was. Which do you have, now? If it's still Mario, it's still the old version.

I installed using webOS Quick Install and was successful. Good luck.
    my icon is still mario and I did not uninstall before installing new version. So that'll explain why I suppose. One question, would uninstilling and reinstalling lose all my saved games?
    Quote Originally Posted by blkhwk4502 View Post
    my icon is still mario and I did not uninstall before installing new version. So that'll explain why I suppose. One question, would uninstilling and reinstalling lose all my saved games?
    I'm not saying you need to delete the old one, first. I'm just saying that, without deleting it, you had no way of knowing that you were still using the old version.

Now that we know you ARE using the old version, I'd suggest installing the new version with WebOS Quick Install, assuming you used filecoaster or something the first time.

As far as saved games are concerned, mine are still there, so I assume yours would be, too.
    I'm not saying you need to delete the old one, first. I'm just saying that, without deleting it, you had no way of knowing that you were still using the old version.

Now that we know you ARE using the old version, I'd suggest installing the new version with WebOS Quick Install, assuming you used filecoaster or something the first time.

As far as saved games are concerned, mine are still there, so I assume yours would be, too.
    I used webos quick install but maybe it didn't overwrite properly. I'll try again later. Thanks!
    I'm kinda thrown by the controls' tendency/functionality to not just make a character move, let's say, left... but for the character to continue to do so, even after I've let go of the controller.

I seem to be adjusting rather quickly, although I've done my share of "dying."

I'm gonna stick with it.
    The new touch-screen feature works really well! It fits nicely onto the largest screen setting. Is there also going to be skins for this emulator too?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Mine came up in Preware this morning and I installed, now the icon is gone and when I try and "Lauch" from my installed apps list, it does nothing!

UPDATE: Nevermind. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now it's fine.'
    Thanks
    Last edited by cebronix; 02/11/2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: updated
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Kalem i would like to congratulate you on all your work this nes emulator is truly amazing theres just one little problem i have......IT COST 10 DOLLARS WAY TO EXPENSIVE
    cebronix:

Try uninstall old version first; Luna restart; then install the new version. Worked for me...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    hey Kalem just an idea i don't know if you've heard of a nintendo 64 emulator for mac osx sixtyforce. For sixtyforce the demo version allows you to play the games with out it freezing however you can't save the paid version allows for saving updates and all other sort of cool features so i was wondering if you could do something similar with your NES emulator
    definitely like the improvements wit the on screen controls and bigger screen the on screen controls do need some kinda tweaking if at all possible i cant do my "speed run jump" combos on super mario bros. lol you press b to run fast and when you press A to jump it doesnt work lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    Kalem i would like to congratulate you on all your work this nes emulator is truly amazing theres just one little problem i have......IT COST 10 DOLLARS WAY TO EXPENSIVE
    I thought that as well, but they really put a lot of hard work into this. The emu plays games well. I haven't run into any crashes, or even slow-downs. The ROM's load in a new window; which I really like that feature. Plus now you can use a touch-screen gamepad. $10 is a lot, but I think it was worth it. As long as they keep offering updates, and keep working on finding new ways to give the emulator more features.
    As far as controller configurations go, I wish I could configure two buttons to do the same thing. I want to make letters e and r up and letters x and c down. then I could have d for left and f for right. With this configuration I could just roll my thumb around like a d-pad. Also, a great option would be to be able to map an 8 way d-pad so that I could also have the option to map all the keys surrounding letter f as an 8 way controller where f becomes my reference point. I don't know which of these configurations would be best, but I'm sure either would be better than the current options. It seems the hardest part about mapping keys to the Pre is that all the buttons line up in straight columns and rows as opposed to other phones that have a diamond shape like an actual keyboard. Thanks for listening KalemSoft, and thanks for the great application!
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    As far as controller configurations go, I wish I could configure two buttons to do the same thing. I want to make letters e and r up and letters x and c down. then I could have d for left and f for right. With this configuration I could just roll my thumb around like a d-pad.
    That's actually an extremely awesome idea!!!

I've thought about the 8-way d-pad around the F key before... but it just seems like it wouldn't work.

Your first idea is amazing, tho. I hope the VisualBoy devs add that in as an option. I'm sure it'd solve some lagging issues they're having... but probly not a whole. Every little bit counts tho.