Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Preware 0.9.16 and Package Manager Service 0.9.30 have been released, and add support for accessing the three Palm App Catalog feeds (Beta, Catalog, and Web), including showing price information.

To install Preware, see http://install.preware.org/

Preware documentation lives at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Enjoy.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Does this mean that us UK users will be able to see the full app catalog ? (and presumably not be able to purchase ?).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Does this mean that us UK users will be able to see the full app catalog ? (and presumably not be able to purchase ?).
    That is correct. You should, however, be able to install packages from the Palm Web Channel feed.

(I am a GSM Pre user in Australia, so I see the same catalog that you do on my GSM Pre)

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    I already asked this via Twitter.. European users will see the feeds (just like in the web, it's not a secret really), but it's a totally different question if we can access those apps in the catalog. The answer to that would be no.

Edit: too late
    Thanks for the reply Rod, and just to confirm, I was able to download and install "appscoop" from the web channel feed. Thanks for the awesome work.

Stu.
    In what order should the update start. I am guessing Package Manager first
    Yep, I did package manager first, but had to restart before updating preware.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    In what order should the update start. I am guessing Package Manager first
    Recent versions of Preware will force the correct update ordering according to the package dependencies.

-- Rod
    Should the update show in Preware itself? Mine does not show updates for Preware or the Package Manager Service.
    Laissez Faire
    Yep, showed up in preware here.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Should the update show in Preware itself? Mine does not show updates for Preware or the Package Manager Service.
    Did you update your feeds (the Update Feeds menu item) if you have the preference set to Once Daily or Manual?

Does your Webos-internals entry in the Manage Feeds page show two valid URLs? (if it just shows 'feed', then your Package Manager Service was not installed properly).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    The Pre would not be the phone it is today without you guys at WebOS Internals and Preware. Thanks for all your work. This update is great!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    0.9.16 of preware (and packetmanager-service) works great, thanks again for the excellent work.
    in palm-beta-feed i miss "Bahnfahren Beta1.1" which is in the "real" beta-feed for german users.
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you update your feeds (the Update Feeds menu item) if you have the preference set to Once Daily or Manual?

Does your Webos-internals entry in the Manage Feeds page show two valid URLs? (if it just shows 'feed', then your Package Manager Service was not installed properly).

-- Rod
    Updated feeds; under WEBOS-internals is jsut says feed (no URL). How do I fix it?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Great work...somehow feel that my nominal donation is not enough... For others that haven't yet, DONATE and support your developers...

THANKS GUYS!!!
    Hmm, I'm getting this.

It worked just before the update. Any ideas? Why would the Preware feed not work? It works if I disable Preware, but that's like shooting someone in the head to cure brain cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    Great work...somehow feel that my nominal donation is not enough... For others that haven't yet, DONATE and support your developers...

THANKS GUYS!!!
    Donations help to support the servers and bandwidth used to "power" the PreWare updates. It's a good idea for all of us to regularly contribute to this cause as our means allow.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I don't see pricing in the second line with version/developer info. as shown in your OP screen shot.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Hi Rod,
    I just got an interesting error (perhaps there is still a bug in the recently added "update all" logic). The URL contains "(null)" in the last segment of the path and the parenthesis are not escaped causing an error in the sh shell.

What I did just before this:
    -------------------------
    After updating the pkg manager and preware individually, preware noticed two applications with updates. After using "update all", I got the following error:

IPKG Log
    Install
    Begin installation of com.accuweather.palm
    Upgrading com.accuweather.palm on root from 0.9.16 to 1.0.4..
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/(null)
    An error occurred, return value 22.
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 2: 'wget -passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-I,jCVZ http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/(null)'
    Failed to download com.accuweather.palm. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    Collected errors:
    sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected

Failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation

EDIT: Workaround: I was able to individually install the two packages that had updates. In my case, I installed AP mobile first and then accuweather second. The accuweather update seemed to take a long time to download (in case this helps in isolating the cause of the error). thanks again for all your hard work! -- Bob

EDIT #2: One more weird thing I just noticed. In the launcher window, the icon for APmobile is now just an "empty outline" of where the icon should be.
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/13/2010 at 09:10 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    For me, many of the paid apps display incorrect info in the new Preware (i.e. showing up as free with no icon, etc). It also doesn't have any of todays app catalog stuff despite the auto and manual feed updates.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast