Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. You should, however, be able to install packages from the Palm Web Channel feed.

(I am a GSM Pre user in Australia, so I see the same catalog that you do on my GSM Pre)

-- Rod
    As a GSM user, I'd like to say 'Great Work', it's nice to be able to see what's in the full catalog, for when we get access too.

I can install some apps from the Palm Web Channel, but not all of them.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Nice update. Thank you!

Just curious as to why Preware reports the Palm Catalog to only have 934 apps when the app catalog says 1100. Is Palm padding their numbers
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Unfortunately, I get a "This application is not available in your country" message when trying to instal a US-only app. I'm in Canada.
    Thanks guys!! Great work!
    Hopefully Palm wakes up and includes all the patches in the February update!

What's the likelihood of that happening? That would be an incredible update!

Three cheers for Optimization!!
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Updated feeds; under WEBOS-internals is jsut says feed (no URL). How do I fix it?
    I have run into that problem before, and i determined it was an issue with the Package Manager Service. Fire up WOSQI and uninstall both Preware and the PM Service. A quick reinstall of both should do the trick
    Thanks for the work. Now we not US at least can SEE the 1000+ app-icons ;-)
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Just curious why not ALL App Catalog apps can be seen? For example, I can't see Need For Speed (I don't have it installed), Let's Golf (I do have it installed), and some of the other newer apps in the catalog..
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Just curious why not ALL App Catalog apps can be seen? For example, I can't see Need For Speed (I don't have it installed), Let's Golf (I do have it installed), and some of the other newer apps in the catalog..
    There is a known problem with the Palm XML feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Ahhh, thanks for the info.. Good job.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    I don't see pricing in the second line with version/developer info. as shown in your OP screen shot.
    Check the Preferences page for the Second Line options.

Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Hmm, I'm getting this.

It worked just before the update. Any ideas? Why would the Preware feed not work? It works if I disable Preware, but that's like shooting someone in the head to cure brain cancer.
    Looks like network connection or DNS problems at your end.

Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Hi Rod,
    I just got an interesting error (perhaps there is still a bug in the recently added "update all" logic). The URL contains "(null)" in the last segment of the path and the parenthesis are not escaped causing an error in the sh shell.
    EDIT: Workaround: I was able to individually install the two packages that had updates. In my case, I installed AP mobile first and then accuweather second. The accuweather update seemed to take a long time to download (in case this helps in isolating the cause of the error). thanks again for all your hard work! -- Bob

EDIT #2: One more weird thing I just noticed. In the launcher window, the icon for APmobile is now just an "empty outline" of where the icon should be.
    There is some missing logic in the Update All related to app catalog apps. If you update them individually it should work. Dunno about the APmobile icon problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    For me, many of the paid apps display incorrect info in the new Preware (i.e. showing up as free with no icon, etc). It also doesn't have any of todays app catalog stuff despite the auto and manual feed updates.
    There are a number of apps that are missing from the Palm feeds, so if you have them installed it will show up with no information (missing icon, marked as 'free'). I'll update the Homebrew feeds to explicitly mark free applications, then we can identify this situation with Price: Unknown for app catalog apps which are installed but missing from the feeds.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    There is some missing logic in the Update All related to app catalog apps. If you update them individually it should work. ...
    Yes, individually works. I just wanted to call out the problems in the other way in case the dev thought it was finished.

thanks
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Yes, individually works. I just wanted to call out the problems in the other way in case the dev thought it was finished.
    Thanks - high quality bug reports are always appreciated.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Hmm, I'm getting this.

It worked just before the update. Any ideas? Why would the Preware feed not work? It works if I disable Preware, but that's like shooting someone in the head to cure brain cancer.
    I was getting this same error as well after upgrading Preware. I got rid of it by disabling the "Preware" feed from the Manage Feeds screen. Maybe that feed is just having issues at the moment, but I never had a problem with it before the upgrade.

--Todd
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by roto22 View Post
    I was getting this same error as well after upgrading Preware. I got rid of it by disabling the "Preware" feed from the Manage Feeds screen. Maybe that feed is just having issues at the moment, but I never had a problem with it before the upgrade.

--Todd
    Ah, now I know what this is.

A long time ago there were some manual instructions for a short time which created a 'preware' feed, There is no longer such a feed.

You should remove the /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/preware.conf file completely.

I'll make a future version of the Package Manager Service do this automatically.

-- Rod
    Ah, now I know what this is.

A long time ago there were some manual instructions for a short time which created a 'preware' feed, There is no longer such a feed.

You should remove the /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/preware.conf file completely.

I'll make a future version of the Package Manager Service do this automatically.

-- Rod
    That makes sense. I vaguely remember doing that too. Although if it's been there all this time, I wonder why it only became an issue after the new version? I'm pretty sure it's always been enabled.

Anyways, I'll remove that file and see if it removes that feed.

Thanks!

--Todd
    Rod, I beleive you referenced differentiating offical apps from homebrews with free vs. fee. If I read that right, I'm not sure that makes sense since some offical apps are also free. Bottom line: I like to know for sure which apps are official and which are homebrew. If I'm missing this differentiation, let me know; otherwise I really hope this can be implmented soon.

Thanks for all your hard work and for auch a great app!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Rod, I beleive you referenced differentiating offical apps from homebrews with free vs. fee. If I read that right, I'm not sure that makes sense since some offical apps are also free. Bottom line: I like to know for sure which apps are official and which are homebrew. If I'm missing this differentiation, let me know; otherwise I really hope this can be implmented soon.

Thanks for all your hard work and for auch a great app!

ME
    You can filter by Feed to see which apps come from which feed.

Preware does not assume app catalog apps are paid, and it does not assume homebrew apps will always be free ...

-- Rod
    After I updated my preware, I am receiving an error whenever I try to install patches, this is the error message: "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" How do I correct this? I tried removing preware via the webos quick install and placing it again to my phone, but no luck, I'm still receiving errors trying to download stuff to my phone via preware..please help. Thank you.
    @suebn21
    A restart fixed the problem for me. HTH
    I tried restarting my phone several times but no luck..now its letting me download certain patches and others I am receiving a "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" message error. Any help would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks.
    Last edited by suebn21; 01/14/2010 at 10:16 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast