Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At around 1 am EST, the App Catalog came back online, and low and behold, Asphalt 5 was one of the games that received an update. I downloaded and installed the update, and it took about as long as the initial download and install. I was feeling brave and closed the App Catalog carted and launched the game right away. I was a bit concerned it would not run properly since I just showed my Pre to my buddy (who has a Pre coming from Sprint in the mail to replace his POS Touch Pro), but it started up and ran just fine without any problems. Unfortunately, after just one race my battery warning popped up saying that I am at only 18% so I didn't wanna do any more testing. I had Asphalt 5 freeze up on me once or twice, but that usually happened after using the phone for an extended period of time before starting the game thus increasing the risk for memory leakage.

There was no change log in the description of the game. Will see tomorrow how the game holds up, hopefully it was a crash fix!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    downlading now.
    Hmm Scrabble shows up as being updated today too, but there's no update available for download... weird when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Hmm Scrabble shows up as being updated today too, but there's no update available for download... weird when that happens.
    When the metadata is updated, applications move to the top of the list, which can be confusing because it makes it seem like there's an app update.

It's easier to just check via the bag icon in the corner and then hit install all.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the update has fixed my crashing issues I still haven't tried the motorcycle, but there are now motorcycles that show up in the races, whereas before, there were none. I believe this was the source of the issues, and I'm really happy it's been fixed.
    yes the update fixed my crashing but sims 3 and need for speed still crash like f ing crazy
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Fixed my crashes, played for about half an hour last night with no issues. Even got to drive the motorcycle!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Nice! Glad I went with Asphalt over NFS
    I updated last night and played this morning using the motorcycle. It was really smooth and I actually won a race. Sweet! I love this game!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't get crashes... I just get "too many cards" for sims 3.
    I have to restart Luna everytime I want to play Sims 3.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Fixed my crashing issues as well I am now at level 19
    As of 1.0.9 version for Asphalt5, Im no longer getting crashes.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah, my game doesn't crash, I just get the "too many cards" error. Kinda sucks having to restart the phone to play one of those games, but oh well....here's hoping for 1.4!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah, my game doesn't crash, I just get the "too many cards" error. Kinda sucks having to restart the phone to play one of those games, but oh well....here's hoping for 1.4!
    this is all purely speculation, but my guess is webOS was unaware how much ram these games were going to take to run, and would let them start even if you didn't have enough free ram left. once the game started going, it would run out of ram and crash. with the update, it's probably requesting for much more ram at startup, hence the 'too many cards' warning popping up when trying to start the game now.

before the update, I actually didn't see the 'too many cards' warning ever when trying to start asphalt 5. now I see if every so often.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Does anyone have insight on the update and whether or not it starts your progression over? I'm on level 16 and am not installing an update if I have to start from scratch!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88jr View Post
    Does anyone have insight on the update and whether or not it starts your progression over? I'm on level 16 and am not installing an update if I have to start from scratch!
    the update did not lose my progress.

uninstalling and reinstalling, however, does clear your progress.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    No you wont lose your progress with the update, as long as you update and do not uninstall and reinstall.
    Does anyone else see an update for the app? Its not from the app itself, but when you go to your MY APPS and it should show as needing update to 1.1.4.

Don't know what is new...anyone know where changelog is?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Does anyone else see an update for the app? Its not from the app itself, but when you go to your MY APPS and it should show as needing update to 1.1.4.

Don't know what is new...anyone know where changelog is?
    I'm downloading it right now. no idea what's new though...

edit: installing...

doesn't seem any different. oh well
    Last edited by pomokey; 02/03/2010 at 12:44 AM.
  20.    #20  
    I for one am just glad to see that they keep working on and updating these games, that definitely shows commitment for a good gaming experience for us on their side.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast