1.    #1  
    This may work for Oregon Trail as well, however I have not tested it on that app yet.

I just spent about an hour in chat with a Palm Tier 3 tech, and what finally worked was doing a partial erase and then resigning into my Palm Profile.

Voila, no more problems. I closed and reopened the app at least 7 times, with no problems, and no crashes since. The tech said that due to the huge load on the servers when the games were announced, a lot of people had their downloads get corrupted.

They're also sending me a free touchstone for my trouble.

Hopefully this will help some people out that are having similar trouble!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    hmm. there could be something to this, actually. Over in this thread (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...code-poll.html) there seems to be an alarming correleation between early manufactured pre's and peopel experiencing crashes.

if what palm is saying is true, it's possible that peopel who were early adopters of the phone, might be the same people who were early adopters of downloading the games, and thus downloaded them when teh load on the servers was high.

I'm actually going to go ahead and doctor my phone, as I have installed and uninstalled entirely too many patches/services, and I wonder if that's messing up somethign somewhere.

I'll report my findings back here when it's done
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    hmm. there could be something to this, actually. Over in this thread (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...code-poll.html) there seems to be an alarming correleation between early manufactured pre's and peopel experiencing crashes.

if what palm is saying is true, it's possible that peopel who were early adopters of the phone, might be the same people who were early adopters of downloading the games, and thus downloaded them when teh load on the servers was high.

I'm actually going to go ahead and doctor my phone, as I have installed and uninstalled entirely too many patches/services, and I wonder if that's messing up somethign somewhere.

I'll report my findings back here when it's done
    I think I remember reading in a post that you'll need to doctor back to 1.3.1 or earlier as 1.3.5 doesn't get rid of anything on the /media partition anymore....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I think I remember reading in a post that you'll need to doctor back to 1.3.1 or earlier as 1.3.5 doesn't get rid of anything on the /media partition anymore....
    hmm.. well seeing as my phone is refusing to doctor, and I don't feel like figuring out why, and if that may not even work.. I think I will first try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling, rebooting. maybe that will fix the issue if it is indeed a corruption. if that doesn't fix it, then I will go for the partial erase, and then doctor last.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    edit: double post
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I generally have to restart luna everytime I want to play Sims... It's not bad, but I'll try this partial erase soon.