1.    #1  
    hi, I have a Pre and my wife has an iPod Touch. I was noticing that some games that are now available on the app catalog are 2 to 5 dollars less for the same exact game on the Touch. Is there a justifiable reason for this or are we just getting worked over? Thanks for listening.
    there are less webos users so it costs more per app to develop
    aside from what 063_xobx mentioned ... These games were actually the same price on the ipod/iphone when they were first came out few months ago ... Gameloft games are generally $6.99 and EA games are $4.99 to $9.99 for a ilttle while after they were released (may be a month or 2). Then they would go on ridiculous sale or sometime free for a very short period (like a couple of hours). After that the games would usually be a fre bucks cheaper. If you want long enough until next year's versions come out, you can get the games for as low as $0.99 (usually means no more updates to follow). This is very common for the app store especially games. There are even apps to track sales (app miner ... app sniper ... I have a few of them on my itouch).

Just wanting to point this out so people are not feeling rip off for having the pre. Hopefully eough of us are supporting the high end games so developor can lower the price as time goes.
    1 million customer base vs 40 million customer base. Plus initial release premium price.

Sims3 and NFS are worth the $9.99. X-Plane is cool, but not sure if it is $9.99 worth of cool.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by smawong View Post
    aside from what 063_xobx mentioned ... These games were actually the same price on the ipod/iphone when they were first came out few months ago ... Gameloft games are generally $6.99 and EA games are $4.99 to $9.99 for a ilttle while after they were released (may be a month or 2). Then they would go on ridiculous sale or sometime free for a very short period (like a couple of hours). After that the games would usually be a fre bucks cheaper. If you want long enough until next year's versions come out, you can get the games for as low as $0.99 (usually means no more updates to follow). This is very common for the app store especially games. There are even apps to track sales (app miner ... app sniper ... I have a few of them on my itouch).

Just wanting to point this out so people are not feeling rip off for having the pre. Hopefully eough of us are supporting the high end games so developor can lower the price as time goes.
    That makes perfect sense! THANK YOU for explaining that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    there are less webos users so it costs more per app to develop
    But, see, what about the fact that there weren't always 40 mil iPhone/iPod Touch users? To my memory, the app store wasn't that pricey at the beginning.
    But how many iPhones were in use when the App Store launched? It was several million. The iPhone was a huge hit, and sales were only climbing. Not to mention big name games weren't available for the iPhone for a while after the App Store launched.