Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I am definitely going to buy one of the racing games, but which one I don't know yet. I'm sure others are waiting also. For those who have both games, can you tell us the differences (other than the price), in gameplay, graphics, controls, etc. Which one is the must-buy. Thanks.
    Last edited by jmcarlos; 01/11/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

NFS feels slightly more realistic in its physics (though obviously doesn't feel like GT or Forza).

Asphalt reminds me more of a Cruis'n' USA, Outrun, Burnout type experience.
    I enjoy the better driving in asphalt. There's 3 options for steering.

only thing is asphalt crashes on me more.I agree with the post above me too.
    Asphalt is more of a just launch and race type game. It's great for a quick race and very fun.

Need for Speed is more of a story based and I don't evan know if there's evan a just race mode. I like Asphalt better. Because you can just race & it's the game I launch to show my friends how cool the pre is. Plus I like how you have to hold the gas to go on Asphalt, NFS only has auto run
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quick question for people who have purchased need for speed. Is it possible to turn off auto-accelerate like on Asphalt 5?

Whoops, just got my answer in the previous post, nevermind
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Which game is it more fun to drift in?
    Anyone have any comments on which game has longer replay value? I finished the golf game in one weekend and I was hoping one of these games would last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I'd say NFS is better with drifting. In Asphalt when you hit the brake while turning, you drift until you hit the brake again. In NFS a quick turn starts drifting, and you have to straighten yourself out to stop (and hope you don't hit anything because you can easily spin out).

As for length, I don't think either are all that long. NFS has 3 cities of 8 challenges each, and offhand I think that Asphalt has 4 or 5 towns, with 4 challenges each.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Definitely NFS because it has 5 events that centered around drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    NFS has 3 cities of 8 challenges each, and offhand I think that Asphalt has 4 or 5 towns, with 4 challenges each.
    NFS has more event unlocks after the 24 challenges in the storyline. The 3 cities you speak of are called "career mode" challenges. When you finish the storyline you unlock "drift mode" which consist of the handbrake cup, oversteer cup,clutch-kick cup, inertia cup and powerslide cup.