Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Earlier in webOS's life game saves didn't matter to me as much, seeing as how most games were just simple time-wasters. But now that I've invested a few hours into the Sims 3, i was wondering if there is any way besides rooting that would allow me to back up my game saves. If not it would be excellent if palm would add config files to the palm profile backups so when we switch phones or have to doctor we can keep out game saves, as well as preferences and data.
    I agree.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Yeah, this is a problem right now. Now that I've completed half of the NFS courses, it of course has started crashing like crazy. I guess I'll try doctoring, but it kind of sucks that I'll lose everything in the game.
    I doctored my pre after downloading and playing a few races in NFS and when it was done my save was still intact, In fact it was for Oregon Trail as well.
  5. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HsavirnDB View Post
    Earlier in webOS's life game saves didn't matter to me as much, seeing as how most games were just simple time-wasters. But now that I've invested a few hours into the Sims 3, i was wondering if there is any way besides rooting that would allow me to back up my game saves. If not it would be excellent if palm would add config files to the palm profile backups so when we switch phones or have to doctor we can keep out game saves, as well as preferences and data.
    I made a video that might help here YouTube - PalmPreExpert's Channel
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I doctored my pre after downloading and playing a few races in NFS and when it was done my save was still intact, In fact it was for Oregon Trail as well.
    UNFORTUNATELY...I tried a partial erase before doing a doctor, and it did delete the game saves as expected.

FORTUNATELY...the partial erase and re-install of NFS totally fixed the problem for me. I'm now on the 5th race of the third zone and the game has only crashed once the whole time (which includes a lot of time leaving it idle in the background while I do something else, fall asleep, etc. ).