Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm hoping to get a Palm whenever an unlocked GSM becomes availably for the US. But I desperately would need an app for recording calls. (I work as a journalism, so I need this for interviews -- involving mutual consent, of course.)

Does anyone know if there's an app or solution for this yet? Everyone has raved about the CallRec app on the Palm OS. Any chance there's been a similar version for the Pre?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    not yet.. but hopefully one comes out soon
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply... Hopefully indeed!

Looks like there is a LOT of demand for this app... Is there anything in the Homebrew app's?

Has anyone has had any success running CallRec through the Web OS emulator software?

Are there any other solutions out there?

Thanks again!
    CallRec for Palm OS was my most used Treo app. Pleeeese someone take this on as an app development project. :-)
    there is a homebrew app called PreCorder that records audio, video..or both...could just set it to audio n try that out...works well...not sure how long you can record tho...but with 1.4 update in feb...video recording will be possible with audio...so im thinking some kind of audio recording app couldnt be too far off.
    Google Voice can record calls. It says this calls recording though.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    My guess, and this is all speculation, the update after 1.4 will deal with audio recording. I'm basing this on a few things the developer of the Nanplayer has said. They're working on the sound API, it's coming, but it's not ready yet.

The waiting is hard, I use audio recording in my business too. But really, if they nail audio recording in a way that is new and really intuitive, then all will be forgotten.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 01/10/2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there has been any new phone call recording software for the Palm Pre? Thanks!
    if you really really really really need it, ispoof app ( you have to buy minutes) can record calls i use the app to call peoples voice mail when i dont want to talk to them and blame it on their service provider
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks -- I'll look into it. I really do need this kind of app, and I'm ideally looking for something like CallRec software. I just heard from the developer yesterday, and this is what they wrote:

"Current SDK for all platforms doesn't allow programmers to use audio streaming for call recording.Only for voice recording over built in microphone.We trying to do something on lower level, but that is very difficult in operating systems for mobile phones."

I wonder if there's anything we can do to encourage Palm to help CallRec software work with the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    OK i get call rec, but what about just audio recording. and the reason i ask is that is can be useful to record for class notes ( i deal with a lot of anatomy and teacher giving answers for test) or for some situation that calls for it, like ex wife says something and right when you need it recorded with out making it obvious, is hard. and i don;t want to pull out a digital recorder device. ( by the way in Texas if you are in the conversation you don't have to announce that you are recording. so no breaking of laws here.
    Not until Palm releases an SDK that gives us API's to the mic. They've announced that we should have those API's by the fall. Yes, a long time away but it's better than no announcement at all. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Oy...that IS a long time... But thanks for the information -- I very much appreciate it. What's the best way to keep track of such software developments? I want to get such software as soon as it become available. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi All..Just wanted to update this. I emailed Qmobilsoft is see if they have any plans for Call Rec on the Pre. This is their response:

For now Callrec is only for Palm OS devices, but we working on version
    for other platforms like iPhone,Windows Mobile OS, Android, Blackberry
    and Web OS phones. Problem is because almost all platforms doesn't
    support phone calls recording in this moment. We trying to find solution
    for this issue.
    Also, our experience with emulators for different devices is not quite
    good, and we aren't sure that some demanding application will work with
    Classic emulator.
    Application which use basic phone resources like audio stream or low
    level drivers can not.Callrec is one of them.
    Current Web OS SDK doesn't allow programmers to use audio streaming for
    call recording.Only for voice recording over built in microphone.We
    trying to do something on lower level, but that is very difficult in
    operating systems for mobile phones.
    I too am very interested in this ability. I have an OLD Sanyo MM-5600 that was the best phone i've ever owned and it recordes voice conversations. Now I have a Pre (after many others since my Sanyo) and really need this fuction, and would even pay around 50 bucks if i have to for it. So help me understand what the issue is; palm will not allow someone to make an app for this?? Are is it that not enough people want this type of app so nobody is worried about makeing it. Last I saw in an earlier post that in the fall someone is coming out with something; any update on this??
    Missing too...
    I still have the old Treo 650 and can't move to WebOS because of this feature.

the sad thing is that is NOT availble on iPhone or android...
    did you look at zcorder in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you look at zcorder in preware?
    I haven't been able to get zcorder to record a phonecall.
    The problem is that the FCC and states regulate this so much (more now than when Palm OS was made) that no OS manufacturer wants to touch it.

The reason Google Voice has it is because they're not set up to landlines.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast