Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe the mic API will make it feasible.
    I just checked the Issues List from Android and this is rated as low priority.

Regarding the iPhone, if Apple has not released the APIs in its current 4th iteration, I doubt they will do it at all.

So we are only left with Palm. In the meantime I will "upgrade" my treo 650 to a ... centro
    I know this is slightly off topic..
    but..
    I kinda thought of an alternative but haven't found someone who makes it. Seems pretty simple though.
    An inline recorder that plugs into the audio jack, that you then plug your headphones into.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I know this is slightly off topic..
    but..
    I kinda thought of an alternative but haven't found someone who makes it. Seems pretty simple though.
    An inline recorder that plugs into the audio jack, that you then plug your headphones into.
    Do you mean like this? I bit clunky though
    Wow!!!! This really ****es me off that no one will make a damn program to record phone calls!!!! Not Even Homebrew????
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLiDST33L View Post
    Wow!!!! This really ****es me off that no one will make a damn program to record phone calls!!!! Not Even Homebrew????
    I think we can start forgetting about this.

I just bought a brand new Centro and I intend to keep for the next 3 years.

At least I can record my calls as usual.

Really disappointed at WEB OS, no way I am moving to that platform.

At least the Android guys have managed to get call recording going for some models...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The problem is that the FCC and states regulate this so much (more now than when Palm OS was made) that no OS manufacturer wants to touch it.

The reason Google Voice has it is because they're not set up to landlines.
    Google works fine on my landline. ...switched it over months ago. (and I use the call recording feature quite a bit.)

...and there is no problem recording your personal calls, for your own use.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLiDST33L View Post
    Come on guys. You have to understand that, as of right now, there are certain parts of the phone that are not accessible for developers. I believe this is one of those areas. Palm has already said they will open up more of the phone in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I believe [..] they will open up more of the phone in the future.
    The future is now and Palm is falling behind I am afraid...

How difficult can that be? They already had it in the old Palm platform.
    How much do we have to wait for functionality I still have in my Treo 650!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Google works fine on my landline. ...switched it over months ago. (and I use the call recording feature quite a bit.)

...and there is no problem recording your personal calls, for your own use.
    Actually, there are FCC and state guidelines regarding recording calls. Some states require a message that says "This call will be recorded" or similar. The FCC requires that in some circumstances.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I am still waiting with hope for this one. This one will be the killer app that set apart from any other current mobile platforms. No need worry if there will be WebOS 3.0 update in the future, I will happily stay even without update for next couple of years.

Hopefully some developers can look into this?
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Actually, there are FCC and state guidelines regarding recording calls. Some states require a message that says "This call will be recorded" or similar. The FCC requires that in some circumstances.
    Maybe you've seen something else, but most states require only one-party consent to the recording of a conversation. If you consent, you're clear. Even federal law requires only one-party consent, so if your call crosses state lines, you're automatically good to go.

That said, I *also* want this app, because it would be invaluable for proving verbal agreements in the event of dispute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
    Maybe you've seen something else, but most states require only one-party consent to the recording of a conversation. If you consent, you're clear. Even federal law requires only one-party consent, so if your call crosses state lines, you're automatically good to go.

That said, I *also* want this app, because it would be invaluable for proving verbal agreements in the event of dispute.
    Not to get off topic here, but depending on who's doing the listening, federal law doesn't always require one-party consent. Big brother is listening!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

It would be nice to have suche a software for new generation webos devices.
    i still don't know what are the limitations for developing such a software, is it moral, legal, that nobody wants to touch it
    or is it technical, like missing microphone api, or webos limitations
    and will it be possible to develop after the webos open source released, can anyone with the knowledge pls confirm?
    i still carry my old nokia symbian for this feature alone, i really need it and ready to buy the app instantly when available, i get 30+ changes and modifications a day to my designs from clients and in many situations i have no time to write them down,
    i really want to use my pre3, instead it is collecting dust
    FYI: Recording phone conversation on Pre3 is possible - but requires root (or better say non-jail) permissions , therefore no such app can be submitted into HP App Catalog.

So many projects...so little time....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12