Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I am a hardcore twitter user and I am looking for the best twitter client. I am currently using spaz because it seems to be the best free app, but which one is the best paid? I am looking for a fast one with a decent amount of features. Photo attatchment is a must.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    also, do they all have notifications?
    I like Twee and use it regularly. Has features galore, photo upload and notifications. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Tweed is great! Love it and straight to the point!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    twee is nice because it has it's own notification sound not the normal da ding.
    IMO....Tweed is the best twitter app for the Pre. I like Spaz's combined timeline but that fact that notifications do not work unless the app is open is a deal breaker for me.

Tweed gives you:
    • Notifications
    • New Lists feature
    • New retweet feature
    • Landscape option
    • Nearby tweets
    • Direct photo upload using either twitpic, tweetphoto, yFrog, Twitgoo, or Posterous
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    I personally like Twee best, but I'd say try out the free versions of each app and then pick the one you like.

I hate the new Lists feature and new Retweet feature, and those are really the only two features Tweed has over Twee.
    I think they are all good, but Tweed's newest update makes it never lag for me (Twee still lags for me) and the ability to "mark" you spot so you can make sure you read ALL updates is NICE!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Tweed is definitely the best. Unfortunately not being american I can't use the paid version, I'm stuck using the slightly older free version. However, i tried Twee and Tweed is still WAY more awesome
    Twee here as well. Have tried both, but by far Twee is my favorite. Just my opinion.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've tried Twee and Tweed, and I like Tweed the best. It's has a cleaner look to it as well.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I think for now, Yak is behind Twee and Tweed, and both of those are enough ahead of Spaz to be worth the couple of bucks.

Tweed is my favorite. I like it's little differences:
    • Timeline marker
    • Adjustable fonts (large is good if I'm driving and reading tweets, which of course I would never do)
    • Fewest taps to accomplish a task - for example, Twee takes one extra tap to follow a URL, view all tweets for a user, and follow/unfollow.
    • Smoothest flow - actions are done in a context menu without leaving the timeline (instead of jumping to a view of the post with some action buttons)
    • Quick searching from most views
    • Uncluttered - the blue boxing and bottom bar on Twee are pretty, but take away some screen real estate from the content
    • The most "webOS-like" UI. That is, using Tweed feels the most to me like the way I use the rest of the phone, as opposed to feeling like an iPhone port.

I have to admit that the look of Twee is better, but for me Tweed beats it in functionality.
    Reasons i like Twee

- timeline save each refresh, messages, @'s and DM's
    - DIRECT photo upload....AND...you get to choose where to put the link.
    - dark theme

otherwise, similar to tweed. just a personal preference. too bad tweed doesn't have a free version to check out anymore.
    Last edited by RanGT; 01/13/2010 at 10:34 AM.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Reasons i like Twee

- timeline marker each refresh, messages, @'s and DM's
    - DIRECT photo upload....AND...you get to choose where to put the link.
    - dark theme

otherwise, similar to tweed. just a personal preference. too bad tweed doesn't have a free version to check out anymore.
    How do you do a timeline marker in Twee? Another plus for Tweed: You can jump to Top, Bottom, or Marker using the top bar. The bar on Twee just jumps to the top.

Tweed does do direct photo upload now. You can choose between yFrog, TwitPic, TweetPhoto, Twitgoo, and Posterous. Twee only does TwitPic, I believe.

The dark theme really is a plus for Twee. It'd be great if Tweed added a dark theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    How do you do a timeline marker in Twee? Another plus for Tweed: You can jump to Top, Bottom, or Marker using the top bar. The bar on Twee just jumps to the top.

Tweed does do direct photo upload now. You can choose between yFrog, TwitPic, TweetPhoto, Twitgoo, and Posterous. Twee only does TwitPic, I believe.

The dark theme really is a plus for Twee. It'd be great if Tweed added a dark theme.
    sorry, meant timeline save, fixed it. tweed mentioned at one point they will get theme choices. these guys haven't updated in awhile....wish they would with new features.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Twee does TwitPic, TwitGoo, YFrog, and Img.ly. But regardless, I have to ask... why does that matter? Do you frequently switch between image providers anyway?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Twee does TwitPic, TwitGoo, YFrog, and Img.ly. But regardless, I have to ask... why does that matter? Do you frequently switch between image providers anyway?
    Yeah, I don't really care about that, but thought maybe some people do. I guess I missed where you change that in Twee. Personally I like whatever has the shortest URL, so I guess that'd be Img.ly. Twee wins!
    I guess I missed where you change that in Twee.
    For future reference, it's in the preferences menu out of the top left corner.
    for free versions, I think Twee is better, since they don't update Tweed's free version and it's lacking a lot of the features that have been put into it recently, whereas Twee gets updates to make it a better program, I just don't get all the features. I wish that Palm would bring paid apps to Canada so I could actually buy one of the full versions, since I want all of the good features both has.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast