webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > how to copy mp3 files in Palm Pre emulator SDK to translate Music Player R in french
how to copy mp3 files in Palm Pre emulator SDK to translate Music Player R in french

Old 01/10/2010, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I use the Palm Pre emulator in the webOS 1.3.1 SDK to test and translate some webOS apps in french.
When I launch Music webOS app, it said that I have nothing in my music library.
How to upload mp3 files in Palm Pre emulator in SDK for testing this application
and next to translate Music Payer (Remix) in french ( precentral.net/homebrew-apps/music-player-remix ).
Palm Pre+ will be available in April or May in France and I have begin to translate the most useful and free webOS apps in french.
I can use use these apps the first day when Palm Pre plus will be available in France.

Thanks for your help.

Yannick
yannick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2010, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannick56 View Post
Hello,

I use the Palm Pre emulator in the webOS 1.3.1 SDK to test and translate some webOS apps in french.
When I launch Music webOS app, it said that I have nothing in my music library.
How to upload mp3 files in Palm Pre emulator in SDK for testing this application
and next to translate Music Payer (Remix) in french ( precentral.net/homebrew-apps/music-player-remix ).
Palm Pre+ will be available in April or May in France and I have begin to translate the most useful and free webOS apps in french.
I can use use these apps the first day when Palm Pre plus will be available in France.

Thanks for your help.

Yannick
To upload MP3 files to the emulator, you can install FileCoaster (a homebrew app) and then use its file loading capability to upload the files. You can also connect to the emulator via putty (host name: localhost, port: 5522) and go to the /media/internal/ringtones directory and copy those MP3 files to /media/internal/music. Keep in mind the emulator does not support audio playback of MP3 files. I believe it does support WAV files, so you may want to load those instead.

I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix) and to translate any app you have to create a separate language sub-directory in the app folder. I don't plan on doing this anytime soon; however in the future I may attempt to get help in doing this. So for now people in France (and other countries) will have to use the regular English version of the app.

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: yannick56
Old 01/10/2010, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Dan,

>You can also connect to the emulator via putty (host name: localhost, port: 5522)
> and go to the /media/internal/ringtones directory and copy those MP3 files
> to /media/internal/music.
I do this task and now I can use Music Player (Remix).

>Keep in mind the emulator does not support audio playback of MP3 files. I believe it
> does support WAV files, so you may want to load those instead.
With VirtualBox 3.0.8 on Mandriva linux and Palm webOS SDK 1.3.1, I have no sound when I play WAV files.

>I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix)
Ok.

>and to translate any app you have to create a separate language sub-directory in the app folder.
I did several Palm webOS apps translations. No problems.

>I don't plan on doing this anytime soon; however in the future I may attempt to get help in doing this.
Ok, I will send you a patch for the Music Player Remix localization when I will finish the job.

>So for now people in France (and other countries) will have to use the regular English version of the >app.
OK.
Old 01/10/2010, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, I will send you a patch for the Music Player Remix localization when I will finish the job.
I appreciate the offer, but the current version of Music Player (Remix) is going to change considerably once I'm able to submit it to the app catalog (new features, new screen layouts, bug fixes, etc.). Translating it now doesn't make much sense for me.

Old 01/10/2010, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
I appreciate the offer, but the current version of Music Player (Remix) is going to change considerably once I'm able to submit it to the app catalog (new features, new screen layouts, bug fixes, etc.). Translating it now doesn't make much sense for me.
Ok, to help me for the french translation for the next Musix Player (Remix) release, can you extract all the english text strings to translate in the javascript parts and store them in the com.palm.app.musicplayerremix/resources/strings.json file.
You can find more information about this task here :
developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1705&Itemid=69 (Localization - Palm Developer Center)
Old 01/10/2010, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, to help me for the french translation for the next Musix Player (Remix) release, can you extract all the english text strings to translate in the javascript parts and store them in the com.palm.app.musicplayerremix/resources/strings.json file.
You can find more information about this task here :
developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1705&Itemid=69 (Localization - Palm Developer Center)
I'm not going to work on translations until the app is able to be submitted to the app catalog. It can't right now due to its use of private APIs.

Again, I appreciate the offer, but right now I don't have the time to work on translating Music Player (Remix). If/when I decide to add support for other languages, I'll consider your offer to assist with the French translations.

Old 01/10/2010, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not going to work on translations until the app is able to be submitted to the app catalog. It can't right now due to its use of private APIs.
its use of private APIs -> Ok , I understand : too many changes in source code.

Quote:
Again, I appreciate the offer, but right now I don't have the time to work on translating Music Player (Remix). If/when I decide to add support for other languages, I'll consider your offer to assist with the French translations.
OK.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0