1.    #1  
    I've just noticed that there is a special version of DateBk6 for users of Classic on the Palm Pre:

Pimlico Software

It's a $9.99 upgrade.

Has anyone tried this new version?

What's new, as I'm running my latest previous version from my Treo680 with no problems
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I've been using it since I got the Pre. It's the same as the last version of DateBk6 in terms of features and all, just certified to run under Classic. Now that Classic's bugs seem to be largely worked out, it works pretty well (except for the alarms, which are erratic).
  3.    #3  
    So no real advantage in paying $9.99 then, as my PalmOS copy works just fine

However, if they brought out a webOS version I'd pay for it in a shot
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4. pb
    my Calssic/Datebk6 tells me it is not approved. I did download the $9 version and pay so am I right in thinking I need to overwrite the datebk prc file or someting? It may be to do with removing Classic and reinstalling but I since synced with old Treo so presume the v6b prc file was also synced(??).

Paul
    Hmm, I don't know. I bought DateBk6p because (a) it's a must-have app for me, and I wanted to be sure to have a version that can run on the Pre; and (b) I'm happy to support Pimlico and the gorillas. Plus, I figure if lots of people buy DateBk6p it might encourage CESD to come out with Pimlical for WebOS.

PB, I'm pretty sure it will install right over the old .prc file. Pimlico does have excellent and quick tech support if you're unsure.
    beware datebk does not work well in classic on pre...see forum on "anyone having alarms working in datebk 6"