Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi!

I got Glyder 2 yesterday and have been playing it a bit. Is there a manual anywhere? I went to the Glu site (Glyder 2 | Glu Games ), and didn't see anything likely.

I was wondering if there's more to it than tilting to bank and climb/dive. I got the impression that we can land at certain sites, but apparently, that's not by just flying into them...Also, the tips and tricks mentioned on that page mentions picking up a boulder. Any notion how that's done? just flying into it maybe? Or are there other commands that we can input by tapping or swiping somewhere?

Is there an in-game tutorial that I can't get back to now that I've started a game?
  2.    #2  
    Hm, after some more thorough exploration, it does seem like you just have to fly close enough to relevant things, and then stuff happens...like, platforms you can land on? fly within the cone of light shining above them, and you land...boulders? fly within a certain range of them, and they just get picked up...

:-P
    I don't know about you but I am stuck on the first arctic place with just the gold orb left to get and can't figure out how to get it out of it's cylinder thing. Also i don't know how to pick up a bolder either , tried flying by it but nothing happens. And fly into it ..... well . If you figure it out or find a guide or something I would be pretty interested in reading it lol. Fun zen game though even with being stuck.
    No, I'm pretty sure there's nothing more than tilting (in terms of controls.) To pick up the snow boulders thing in arctasia, you need to go to the purple pedastal. Then you'll have a mission where you drop six of the bolders into a waterful to build a Dam. You're welcome. :-)

I'm stuck on getting the gold orb thingy too though, don't know how to get it. I found a "secret" door but it requires "pheonix" wings, and i don't know where to find them. Go figure.
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    Early on it said something about turning on the fan once you get all the (pink?) crystals. I assume that'll let you get the last gold one.

I seem to keep missing a couple of the worlds, but that may just be me. (Unless some of them require you to unlock something?)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medicmechanic View Post
    I don't know about you but I am stuck on the first arctic place with just the gold orb left to get and can't figure out how to get it out of it's cylinder thing. Also i don't know how to pick up a bolder either , tried flying by it but nothing happens. And fly into it ..... well . If you figure it out or find a guide or something I would be pretty interested in reading it lol. Fun zen game though even with being stuck.
    I read somewhere that you can get that last gold one after doing a task on another island. Just fly over to the really tall island that looks like it is floating in the sky, with the skinny base. As for instructions there none officially, but there are tons of reviews online. You the controls are straightforward, but its the wings that you change out that give you better abilities. The clothing options are just for fun. I found this site for both Gylder2 and sims3.

It's a UK site, so I enjoy reading it with an accent.

cheers-

Glyder 2 review | iPhone reviews | Pocket Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by medicmechanic View Post
    To free the gold orb you need to collect all pink orb first ,all 125. you don't need to finish every task in each island to fly to another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    To free the gold orb you need to collect all pink orb first ,all 125. you don't need to finish every task in each island to fly to another one.
    I though there were 125 blue and 5 pink....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I though there were 125 blue and 5 pink....
    That's probably just the one area. You need to get all the pinks from all the areas before it activates. (That's everywhere but Ascension.)
    Finished the story mode. Just playing for the Challenges and the costumes/wings now. Where are the Blue Jay wings? I found the rest. Also still looking for the Hippie Clothes, Devil Outfit, Convict Uniform, and Zombie Disguise. Any hints? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Devil outfit I got at magmacore... convict outfit/zombie disguise I have but have no clue how. lol.

Where are the phoenix wings please?
    I think I found the Phoenix wings inside the (big) Temple on Oasis--in the King's chamber. Don't quote me on this. With the Phoenix wings you can go back to Arctasia and melt the entrance to a cave there. The Phoenix wings also give you the ability to use boost and store up energy to speed up when you want.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    How about the Natural wings? Trying to find a grassy ledge but not sure where -- Spiral Heights?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I've got everything but the naturals to... no clue where it is. Im gonna finish all the challanges and see if they show up.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Found Naturals -- to be honest, they're a total dissapointment. But they are in Spiral Heights, on a ledge about a quarter of the way from the top of the main structure.

zna03, where did you find the Zombie outfit and the Convict outfit?

doctorzeph, I think the BlueJay wings are a reward for a challenge in Arctasia, but I don't remember for sure.
    I just beat the whole game and the best thing to do right from the beginning is fly into the portal it will give you a jetpack type of glider just from the first level find the platform looking thing with gold pink and blue colors on it and fly down into it, it helps alot.
    Last edited by cxgslegend; 01/20/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Saw that Glyder 2 in the app catalog is now $4.99 instead of the previous $2.99. Interesting that there's a price INCREASE. Well, still a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Saw that Glyder 2 in the app catalog is now $4.99 instead of the previous $2.99. Interesting that there's a price INCREASE. Well, still a great game.
    On their twitter feed, @glumobile said that "That was an introductory price but still cheap compared to most!"

Glad I got in when it was cheap!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Glad I got in when it was cheap!!!
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast