Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: Because of the many requests I build an IPK with launcher. Big thanks to the Webos Internals guys for their fine tutorials and tools.

    Hey everybody,

    since the ScummVM package didn't hit the Pre till now, I decided to post the package I build with the cross compile tools.

    This is not the complete Pre app with launcher and so on. But it is good enough to play some games. I made "compatibility tests" with DOTT, Monkey Island and Full Throtle. Games that need right click and so will NOT work correctly since these are the key binding issues.

    The keybinding issue is not really solved. But I found out that you can just press SYM+d while ingame and the debug console will open. Just type "savegame 1 foo" to save the game to slot 1 with the title foo. To load just use the mainmenu or type in the debug console "loadgame 1". You can leave the debug console by typing "exit".

    To install just download the IPK and install it as normal.
    http://bunnybase.de/media/data/file/..._0.1.0_all.ipk

    Then you can launch ScummVM with the normal launcher.

    This Package will only run on the phone. not the emulator.

    I recommend setting the savegame and game directories to /media/internal because so you can easily backup them.

    Greetings
    TheBunman
    Last edited by TheBunman; 01/09/2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: new package
  2. spdqbr's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #2  
    Thanks! To quick notes:

    1)
    Code:
    tar cfj ScummVM.tar.bz2
    #should be
    tar xfj ScummVM.tar.bz2
    Also, when I try to run it, I'm getting the error:
    Code:
    ./scummvm: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
    Any suggestions?

    Edit:
    FYI, it works on my phone. Just not the emulator.
    Last edited by spdqbr; 01/08/2010 at 09:51 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

    I changed the typo in the unpacking command.
    And this package can't work in the emulator, since the emulator is i686 arch and the phone itself is arm arch. So you have to build one package for the emulator and one package for the phone. This package is just for the phone.

    Greetings
    TheBunman
  4. spdqbr's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #4  
    Aha, I gotcha.

    I've ended up moving the scummvm install to the usb partition so that I can drag and drop game data easily. Works great. I also added an alias to my root's .bashrc which just lets me type scummvm to launch it.

    The only other minor issue I'm having is that occaisionally when I try to exit the terminal after running scummvm, it will hang (card stuck halfway off the screen) and then reboot. I'm willing to live with that to score some Day of the tentacle though!
  5.    #5  
    I build an new ipk package. See OP for details.
  6. #6  
    Nice work, thanks! This should definitly be available on scummvm.org...

    Some screenshots from my Pre running this scummvm-version:
    img13.imageshack.us/img13/29/scummvmwebos1.png
    img191.imageshack.us/img191/5949/scummvmwebos2.png
    img62.imageshack.us/img62/9246/scummvmwebos3.png
  7. #7  
    A dude from ScummVM said you could use the official icon instead of the "super ugly icon", which can be found here:
    scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm/media/trunk/

    forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=56078#56078
  8. #8  
    Thanks a lot! Ive been waiting for ScummVM to actually work on the pre
    I did a short video on this and linking to this thread to get the word out, hope this is okay with you: youtube.com/watch?v=jPh-V-HUvio

    Those four games I play in the video really work nicely!

    Recorded using German GSM Palm Pre running web os 1.3.5.2 on O2.

    Also saving and loading works like a charme, just press ORANGE + 1 - 0 for quick save slots 1 - 10, really nice.
  9. #9  
    Nice work! Where do i find games for ScummVM?

    greetings from germany
  10. #10  
    where on the pre I should put the games so the application can see them?
  11. #11  
    Just create a folder like scummvm_games or something and then fire up scummvm. You can navigate to this folder inside of scummvm to add your games, scummvm also remembers this folder the next time you look for new games.
  12. #12  
    anyone got secret of monkey island running with sound?

    just got my old discs out, loaded the monkey.000 and monkey.001 files on the pre, plays perfect, but without sound, tested it with ubuntu 9.10 scummvm and get sound.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    Just create a folder like scummvm_games or something and then fire up scummvm. You can navigate to this folder inside of scummvm to add your games, scummvm also remembers this folder the next time you look for new games.
    I dont understand. I did create a scummvm games folder in the USB partition... but from within the scumvm Im not able to go there - I can "go up" in the directory from the cryptofs till media - but then I dont know how to double click to go to the internals folder.
  14. #14  
    this is awesome news
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    [...] but then I dont know how to double click to go to the internals folder.
    You have to try harder No, really, it's a bit difficult, but doubleclicking works.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    anyone got secret of monkey island running with sound?

    just got my old discs out, loaded the monkey.000 and monkey.001 files on the pre, plays perfect, but without sound, tested it with ubuntu 9.10 scummvm and get sound.
    Mmh, the floppy-version uses the internal PC-speaker, right? Maybe that's the problem... I'll give it a try tonight.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    I dont understand. I did create a scummvm games folder in the USB partition... but from within the scumvm Im not able to go there - I can "go up" in the directory from the cryptofs till media - but then I dont know how to double click to go to the internals folder.
    just select the folder and hit return, works like a charm
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    just select the folder and hit return, works like a charm
    its working.. didnt thought on trying the enter key :-)

    but there is still no way how to skip the intro and dialogues, right? no ESC key?
  19. spdqbr's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    its working.. didnt thought on trying the enter key :-)

    but there is still no way how to skip the intro and dialogues, right? no ESC key?
    Use the back gesture, that should skip your dialogue and cut scenes.
  20. #20  
    now i just need sound on monkey island 1 (monkey island 2 has sound) and i'm good to go till march when we europeans get the real appstore.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions