Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBunman View Post
    EDIT: Because of the many requests I build an IPK with launcher. Big thanks to the Webos Internals guys for their fine tutorials and tools.

Hey everybody,

since the ScummVM package didn't hit the Pre till now, I decided to post the package I build with the cross compile tools.

This is not the complete Pre app with launcher and so on. But it is good enough to play some games. I made "compatibility tests" with DOTT, Monkey Island and Full Throtle. Games that need right click and so will NOT work correctly since these are the key binding issues.

The keybinding issue is not really solved. But I found out that you can just press SYM+d while ingame and the debug console will open. Just type "savegame 1 foo" to save the game to slot 1 with the title foo. To load just use the mainmenu or type in the debug console "loadgame 1". You can leave the debug console by typing "exit".

To install just download the IPK and install it as normal.
    http://bunnybase.de/media/data/file/..._0.1.0_all.ipk

Then you can launch ScummVM with the normal launcher.

This Package will only run on the phone. not the emulator.

I recommend setting the savegame and game directories to /media/internal because so you can easily backup them.

Greetings
    TheBunman
    We're looking for someone to join the team and package ScummVM properly for the webos-internals feed in Preware (including key bindings).

Is that someone you?

If so, please contact me and we'll make it happen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I dint know WebOS Internal scouted for talent! +1 FTW Im using scummvm because of his build! Way to go!
    I built scummvm following the instructions at webosinternals, copied it and all the SDL and other libraries to my machine.

I had to do "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" to prevent a fb1 error, but now I get:

root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/downloads# bin/scummvm
    bin/scummvm

** (process:7860): CRITICAL **: void PIpcClient::init():60 Failed to connect to
    socket: No such file or directory

** (process:7860): CRITICAL **: virtual void NIpcClient::serverDisconnected() (1
    22). Remote server disconnected. Exiting...
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/downloads#

root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/downloads# bin/scummvm -v
    bin/scummvm -v
    ScummVM 1.0.0 (Jan 29 2010 16:53:23)
    Features compiled in:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/downloads#

Any hints on getting it going ?
    hi folks,

first i want to thank all who ported scummvm to webos (dream comes true for me )

unfortunately i didnt get it running on my pre. i use the 1.3.5.2 german version of webos and installed the ipk archive with webos quickinstall. after that i see the scummvm icon in my launcher, but it dont shows any effect if i click on it.
    i also copied some scumm-games to the pre.

what did i wrong?

thanks,
    johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjohnny View Post
    hi folks,

first i want to thank all who ported scummvm to webos (dream comes true for me )

unfortunately i didnt get it running on my pre. i use the 1.3.5.2 german version of webos and installed the ipk archive with webos quickinstall. after that i see the scummvm icon in my launcher, but it dont shows any effect if i click on it.
    i also copied some scumm-games to the pre.

what did i wrong?

thanks,
    johnny
    Same, but running 1.3.5.1 on Sprint.
    Just lights up and nothing happens.

Edit: My apologies. I just had to restart and it works.
    Last edited by sjsamphex; 01/30/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    Okay, got monkey island 1, 2, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade to work.

Problem with Indy - Last Crusade: You need the number pad during fight sequences!!!!

Simon the Sorcerer doesn't work yet.
    Last edited by maduhbee; 02/04/2010 at 01:55 PM.
    hey,
    i am having trouble adding games
    I have tried both kings quest 3 and indiana jones
    can someone post step b step directions for one of these games so i can make sure i am doing this right
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I must second pmeyerink's question. I have all the correct data files (based on the SCUMMVM wiki) in folders on my pre, but it keeps telling me it can't find any games in the folders.
    will this one find its way to the preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    will this one find its way to the preware?
    As soon as someone implements key binding support, and then contacts me.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi there,

I am one of the lead developers of ScummVM, and would like to know more about this port. In particular, where can I find the source code resp. required source code modifications, and instructions on compiling this myself? Besides being simply curious, this information is also mandatory if you want to legally distribute binary copies of ScummVM in accordance with the GPL. Which I hope is what you want .

Moreover, we are always interested in making ports official. If you are interested in making an official ScummVM port for WebOS, feel free to contact our team, the relevant addresses can be found on our website.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Hi there,

I am one of the lead developers of ScummVM, and would like to know more about this port. In particular, where can I find the source code resp. required source code modifications, and instructions on compiling this myself? Besides being simply curious, this information is also mandatory if you want to legally distribute binary copies of ScummVM in accordance with the GPL. Which I hope is what you want .

Moreover, we are always interested in making ports official. If you are interested in making an official ScummVM port for WebOS, feel free to contact our team, the relevant addresses can be found on our website.

Thanks!
    Great to hear from you.

The incomplete port that WebOS Internals did can be found on git.webosinternals.org - you can't even really call it a port, cause all I did was recompile it for armel and webOS SDL libraries:

git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/cross-compile.git/blob - packages/scummvm/Makefile

I'm not sure about the modifications that have been made by others after that. I would hope that they also have an online repository of their changes to comply with the GPL.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,
    thanks for the helpful and super quick reply.

For the record, if people are interested in porting stuff, it's often a good idea to just talk to the ScummVM community / developers, as we might be able to help settle some issues. E.g. I see that you are asking for keybinding support. We have added a key remapper in 1.0, and some other relevant code, which might help in developing this. Admittedly the key remapper still is quite rough, but a good way to increase the likelihood that it gets improved is to tell us (we can't fix issues we don't know about). An even better one of course is submitting code patches (which of course not everybody knows how to do or has the time for, understandable), but even for those, a brief discussion with the team can potentially save many hours of work :-).

So, we welcome anybody who wants to contribute to this, just contact us :-).
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

For the record, if people are interested in porting stuff, it's often a good idea to just talk to the ScummVM community / developers, as we might be able to help settle some issues. E.g. I see that you are asking for keybinding support. We have added a key remapper in 1.0, and some other relevant code, which might help in developing this. Admittedly the key remapper still is quite rough, but a good way to increase the likelihood that it gets improved is to tell us (we can't fix issues we don't know about). An even better one of course is submitting code patches (which of course not everybody knows how to do or has the time for, understandable), but even for those, a brief discussion with the team can potentially save many hours of work :-).

Good to hear from you! This is one of my fav. projects for the pre or otherwise. I can play Full Throttle 50,000 times and not get tired. Thanks to ScummVM. If someone implements I would be willing to test living bejesus out of it.
    Hi Rod,

Absolutely - fully agree with everything you've said.

I must admit that I personally had never even ran ScummVM before I created that Makefile (hard to believe, I know, but true), so I have no personal "itch to scratch" on this one, and will leave it for someone else to take up ...

-- Rod
    Installed with Monkey Island works great. how do I save games?
    what a great application many many thx for this!!!!
    now I can also play Day of the Tentacle again!
    thx again
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjn View Post
    Installed with Monkey Island works great. how do I save games?
    I was also wondering how to save games as well. Anyone know?
    Say thanks when you're helped
    hey guys,

the link for the .ipk seems to be dead, can sb reupload it pls?

thanks
    Sweet, here's hoping for a blessed version from the ScummVM folks soon! And some way for me to get a Pre Plus in Canada!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast