1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue, and if so if they've managed a workaround. Here's what happened step by step:

1: Purchased Need for Speed from App catalog, immediately began downloading it (took 15-20 minutes).

2. Pre tells me that in order to complete installation the phone must restart, I select "restart" and it does so.

3. Phone restarts quicker than normal and I hear a notification alert while it is restarting. Once the screen comes on I find that the notification is the app catalog telling me the install has failed!

4. Redownload, rinse, repeat! Same results!

5. While the bad install was still on my phone, I restarted normally (not through the install manager). When I did so the restart took the normal amount of time and when it came back on I see the Need for Speed icon has the blue installing ring around it. This is good!

6. I wait for the install to complete, then it prompts me for restart. I do so and it FAILS AGAIN!!! If I choose not to restart, and then restart manually it looses the install all together.

Yikes! I just want to play some games! Is anyone else having problems like this. I read that MyTether was causing a lot of problems, but I've never installed/used the program before. I don't know if the other new games will do the same thing as I really don't want to waste money and have a hassle getting my account credited. I am hoping some can help me out before I have to doctor the phone. Thanks a lot!
  2.    #2  
    Man this thread got buried pretty quick...
    Yeah, something's up with that game. Mine seemed to install just fine, but it won't start.

I've tried removing all patches (except for My Tether) and themes. Next, I'll remove the My Tether patch.

I'm posting in every thread I can find on the subject. You may want to perform a search, if you haven't, already.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    i had this same problem as OP i did a partial erase (found in device info) AND IT FIXED THE ERROR
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the suggestion intro. I'm trying it right now. I don't think a partial erase will delete my text and emails, but just in case I backed them up using the PalmDatabase.db3 trick. Hopefully there aren't any problems.
    I had the same problems with my phone after going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1. Someone already posted this so I am not taking credit.
    1. Load up QuickInstall
    2. Click third button on right
    3. Change feed to WebOS-Internals feed(all)
    4. Download the EMP or EMT something like that
    5. Install the thing and restart
    this worked for me but idk if it will help others I hope so.
  7.    #7  
    I did the emergency patch remover thing as well and it did not help. I am currently reinstalling the game after doing a partial erase.

FYI Partial erase DOES delete your texts and other logs, however you can copy those using WebOS quick install and reinstall them to your Pre. Nothing of importance lost!

Taking a really long time to reinstall the game, mostly because its trying to reinstall every app at once and I keep having to prioritize!
  8.    #8  
    Success!!!!! Thanks to intro for the partial erase suggestion. I was going to doctor it completely. If anyone needs to do the same thing, it really is easy to copy your texts to your pc and back to your pre, as long as its the same phone. I just found a guide here to do it, and its only like 3 steps!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well so far i feel like i've wasted $10! And the support link takes u to a generic ea help site, that is not very helpful! It keeps telling me install failed, need to reset phone, and like everyone else, i'm stuck in this loop! HELP! FIRE!
  10.    #10  
    Dwing I have no answer for you. I had to do a partial reset in order to make it work. It wasn't too big a deal as I backed up my contacts via the phone's built in backup system. I backed up my text messages (for me that was important) through WebOS Quick Install. I lost some random homebrew apps but all my official apps stayed on the phone.
    This is a glitch that happend with the last update and preware users. Its has been coverd a few times in the forum. You must do a partial erase or download the emergency migration things in preware. enjoy
    I am stuck in the same loop not sure what to do because I already did the partial reset before coming here. And I noticed that I cannot install any programs from the apps catalog. I tried a few of the free programs to see if they worked and I get the same install failed loop.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemike View Post
    I am stuck in the same loop not sure what to do because I already did the partial reset before coming here. And I noticed that I cannot install any programs from the apps catalog. I tried a few of the free programs to see if they worked and I get the same install failed loop.
    Same thing is going on for me too.