Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm debating on getting either one of these games but I'm wondering if the crashing issues with either game is a problem across the board?

Is anyone getting past level 7 on NSF w/o it crashing?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Wow -- I can't past level 3! I just keep driving forever and eventually the other guy gets ahead of me. The phone has not crashed once with the exception of the one time right after I installed it.

I have patches and homebrew apps galore installed (~80).
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I have NFS and it hasn't crashed on me yet. It's a very great game.
    No crashes, not even a frame skip. Solid game.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Wow -- I can't past level 3! I just keep driving forever and eventually the other guy gets ahead of me. The phone has not crashed once with the exception of the one time right after I installed it.

I have patches and homebrew apps galore installed (~80).
    Learn to use nitro at the right times and you'll beat it easily.

I'm on level 8 right now. Defeated level 7 after 6 or 7 tries.
    Mine crashed every minute or so when I first downloaded it. I unistalled it then redowloaded and it has been fine. Btw I download NFS
    No crashes, I have NFS.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Pretty much all of the games crash on me after extended gameplay.

Usually it happens when something in the background does something. Ie, sometimes it happens when I get an SMS/IM, other times when Twee does a refresh, when Weather Dashboard refreshes, etc.

I personally am of the opinion that it's running out of memory at these times and needs to close the game to fix that before the whole OS crashes, though I haven't tested that by running top or anything at the terminal yet.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Just downloaded it and restarted my phone before I played it the first time. Flawless framerate and controls with no hesitation or hickups whatsoever. All I have to say is wow, great introduction to 3D gaming. I'm really excited about what the future hold for us on webOS!
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    I downloaded Asphalt 5 and Sims last night. Both took FOREVER to download, but neither has crashed even once. I have several patches so not sure what the deal is.
    I only got NFS, but so far no crashes... it did take forever to DL though, even on my home WiFi. ha
    I've got Glyder 2, NFS, Let's Golf, and Oregon Trail. Played about an hour on each and not so much as a hiccup thus far.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Brain Challenge crashed on my twice but after a complete shutdown of the phone and reboot, it was pretty solid..

I have a feeling these apps work better with WebOS 1.4 and Palm just isn't admitting to it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've noticed that my copy of Asphalt crashes only after I've run a homebrew application which uses SDL.

For example, I played Quake for a half hour or so, quit, then launched Asphalt.

Shortly after loading the level, the game crashes.

If I reboot the phone and simply run Asphalt by itself, everything is fine.
    Last edited by pitcherj; 01/08/2010 at 12:35 PM.
    Mine crashes on everything but quickrace once I got to level 7(motocycle)
    0 Patches..
    My phone is from 6/20/09 think the manfaturing date has something to do with these issues?
    Last edited by IcerC; 01/08/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    asphalt crashes regularly at different times. Sometimes during game play, sometimes during the fly threw before a race starts. It has done this from level one on. It has nothing to do with (for me) the level or vehicle. Very frustrating.

Great game when it works!
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Oregon Trail, Glyder 2, NFSU.....no crashes or issues whatsoever. Maybe once with Oregon Trail the first time I went to use it after downloading, but a restart later and it has been running perfect <runs around house to find something wood to knock on>
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    No crashes, for Need For Speed, but I read in another thread that MyTether (somehow) conflicts with the new 3D games and apps.
    I have NFS, monopoly, golf, and soduku. I have not experienced any crashes. Have preware with some homebrew installed but never installed patches. Also when I play the games I've never run more than one or maybe 2 other apps in the background.

Oh and just to mention, the build date on mine is 6/18/09 (##786#)
    I own both and neither have crashed once. I've patched the snot out of my Pre after the last update and I only get the "Too Many Pages" error now and then.
    Last edited by bdubdrum; 01/09/2010 at 09:12 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast