Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NFS running on stock Pre with no problems.
    I had a refurbished phone (with some minor physical problems) from asurion, NFSU crashed my phone every single race. I just got my new replacement from them, it works perfectly! i'm on the ninth 'level' and have played each one many times, not one crash(of my phone that is)

If your having problems(frequently), i would definatly try to get your phone replaced, it is your hardware, not the software!

The error i was getting was the an application has closed unexpectedly (or something like that), restarted he phone, no change. Never used homebrew anything on that phone as i had just recieved it the day before, so while it may cause problems, it did not cause mine.

nonworking phone had a warranty date of 7/28/09 and a recon date of 11/24/09
    working phone had a warranty date of 10/19/09

i don't have any idea if those dates will have anything to do with the problems, but i thought i would give all the info i could to help out
    Quote Originally Posted by agbenson View Post
    I had a refurbished phone (with some minor physical problems) from asurion, NFSU crashed my phone every single race. I just got my new replacement from them, it works perfectly! i'm on the ninth 'level' and have played each one many times, not one crash(of my phone that is)

If your having problems(frequently), i would definatly try to get your phone replaced, it is your hardware, not the software!

The error i was getting was the an application has closed unexpectedly (or something like that), restarted he phone, no change. Never used homebrew anything on that phone as i had just recieved it the day before, so while it may cause problems, it did not cause mine.

nonworking phone had a warranty date of 7/28/09 and a recon date of 11/24/09
    working phone had a warranty date of 10/19/09

i don't have any idea if those dates will have anything to do with the problems, but i thought i would give all the info i could to help out
    How can you say that?

Unless you are telling us your replacement was configured exactly (exact same patches and exact same homebrew) then theres NO WAY you can be sure that its your Pre hardware causing the Issues.

Its more likely that the pres memory leaks are causing the issues, Try running luna restart before running the game and see if that helps, Or use jstop to stop running programs that were not shut down cleanly.

Seriously use jstop you would be surprised how much memory leak these have.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I have NFS, Asphalt, and X-Plane. Asphalt has crashed the most (yet seems more stable after the update), NFS once, and X-Plane never. It seems to be when my battery is getting low (like below 50%). I can not say about level 7, cause I suck. Hell, I haven't even got past the cops yet on NFS, LOL. But it is awesome. Last night I flew about an hour flight between airports on X-Plane and it went great.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    NSF, Asphalt, Golf and Glider are running perfectly for me, with one exception.

As others have mentioned, the few times I jumped right in without restarting Luna I experienced issues: Asphalt crashed during a St. Tropez fly-through, Glider and NSF were really laggy. A reboot fixed this and all now run smoothly.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'm debating on getting either one of these games but I'm wondering if the crashing issues with either game is a problem across the board?

Is anyone getting past level 7 on NSF w/o it crashing?
    I have no problems at all.

Original Launch Day Pre
    Original Battery
    Never Doctored, all OTA updates
    webOS 1.3.5.1
    Preware Installed
    ~5 patches
    No MyTether
    No Themes
    Sprint Service
    Quake & Doom Run Perfect

Hope this helps
    No crashes. I have NFSU.
    The too many cards box came up right after I d/l'd it, and when I try to open it after I've already opened MyFlashlight. I deleted myflashlight and haven't had any problems opening and closing the game, doing something else(texting, etc) and going back to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    How can you say that?

Unless you are telling us your replacement was configured exactly (exact same patches and exact same homebrew) then theres NO WAY you can be sure that its your Pre hardware causing the Issues.

Its more likely that the pres memory leaks are causing the issues, Try running luna restart before running the game and see if that helps, Or use jstop to stop running programs that were not shut down cleanly.

Seriously use jstop you would be surprised how much memory leak these have.
    I have no Patches, no Homebrew, no anything nonstock of any kind on either pre. I stated that i had restarted the phone having problems, then tried to play the game, no different than no restart. that restart was a full power cycle, ie. it is more than a luna restart, and therefore more accurate.

Can't really have a memory leak if you haven't ran any programs of any kind, after the restart i went directly to nfsu, so yes, i can say with nearly complete certainty that it is a hardware problem, not software. they are both configured precisely the same, and that is the stock configuration, plus what loads from my palm account and two google accounts. as i stated, the one that it didn't work on was a freshly refurbished phone that i had gotten wednesday evening, the one that it does work on is a brand new (not refurb) phone that arrived on Friday evening.

EA may not be the best, but they do test. there wouldn't be this big an issue in their software, and my testing show pretty conclusively that there is not.

Anything else you did not read the first time? any more tests you want me to do? radios on/off? no change. turning email to manual only? no cange. reinstalling nfsu? no change.

has anyone with nfsu(or any of the other 3d games) gotten them to work by changing settings after having the "Application Error The application NFSU has quit unexpectedly." error show up more than 20 times? not that i have heard of... too many cards? thats something that can be fixed by a restart, but this error, if it happens often, seems to be hardware related. i have seen people who got it once or twice, then never again, but i got it everytime until i got replacement hardware, then not once has it quite. i have played for more than three hours now without any errors.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have problems with Asphalt. I restarted still does it after a couple of races. I got to level 13 before I started have problems again. I can quickrace but that is about it. I unistalled and reinstalled and that is how I got to level 13. thought I was in the clear but it started doing it again. I have no homebrew or any non approved palm stuff. Running the latest version of webos.
    If you had a crash post your warrantydate here and vote in the poll
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...code-poll.html
    thanks

agbenson brought up how his phone from July doesnt work and the Oct did so I was curious.
    I have NFSU and it crashes after a minute or two everytime. I can't figure it out. All the other 3D games I have work fine. Monopoly and Oregon Trail.
    warranty code 5-21-09
    Constant crashes of NFSU
    my only real problem is with asphalt 5, all my other games will crash rarely, i can play several races on need for speed without problem but asphalt will crash on a regular basis if i'm not careful with what vehicle i use or what map i'm on, though sometimes it just crashes for no reason
    I got a response from Gameloft. posted the email in this thread that is discussing that possibly early pres having problems. The email sort of confirmed or hinted towards this.

from Gameloft Techinal Support <support@gameloft.com>
    to rxxxxxxxx @gmail.com
    date Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Hi!

We're sorry to learn of your difficulties. It seems that the application has a bug. We will investigate, but it could take a while to fix the issue.

We may not find a solution to this particular issue since it may have been caused specifically by your handset. While the game functions appropriately with other phones of the same model it seems to be incompatible with your own phone for reasons that we might not be able to resolve.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause you and while we understand that this is disappointing please understand that this is why we are offering to compensate you with another game.

Feel free to chose any other game from our catalogue and we will send it to you for free.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience.
    -------------------------------
    Guilherme Martins
    Customer Service Representative
    iPhone Games, Mobile Games - Java Games for Mobile Phones | Gameloft
    -------------------------------
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mine didn't crash at all for a day with lots of play time. Now it crashes like clockwork after approximately 2 minutes of play. I'm 100% stock. After about 10 crashes I doctored it, even though I was not having problems anywhere else. After all my apps were reinstalled I tried to play it again and it crashes. Also, everytime I receive a call or text or alert of any kind, the game app crashes.

p.s. - After doctoring everything was much more smooth and speedier Makes me love my pre like I used to. Also, It's old news, but it sure is nice that doctoring doesn't remove files stored on the USB media partition anymore.
    Sims 3, NFSU, Asphalt, and Let's Golf! Only one or two crashes in the several hours I've spent playing the games combined. And they were usually after leaving the game card to browse an image intensive website or something. I once got a "Too Many Cards" error while playing NFS but was able to continue playing anyway.

The games always run better after a restart though, of course.
    No crashes with NFS even have had 5 other cards opened. Haven't tried A5 yet, but will tomorrow. Sims seems to be the only one that crashes, but only once in a great while.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12