1.    #1  
    For any of you who have the shiny new 3D game, you should have noticed by now that drifting is a big feature in the game and proves to be very tricky.
    I've ran into the drifting process many times but the car will swivel out of control sometimes.

Here are some reasons that it does that (as far as I know)

• you hit an object on the road
    • you hit a car
    • you turn too much
    • you drift too much

It seems that one has to drift successfully by turning the opposite direction slowly during the drift in order to regain control AND get your style points.
    Drifting is very useful to get ahead, but it can kill your game if you swivel out of control.

Tips:
    • Learn the drifting angles by experimentation
    • Turn the opposite direction while in drift
    • keep the pre a miniscule degree from stable to keep drifting slightly
    • nudge if you just want out of the drift to speed away (no style points)
    • Nitro Boost to get out of the drift AND get your styling points
    • Upgrade handling of your car

Anything I've missed?
    Last edited by sjsamphex; 01/30/2010 at 11:36 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Some people have noted that nudging another car at the end of a drift helps to re-align but it should be noted that you shall not get any drifting style points from this.
    drifting is very easy just control it right away with turning out of it like you said. You can easily get over 1000 points in drifts
    I've noticed that the high performance the car has, the easier it is to drift and control.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    drifting is very easy just control it right away with turning out of it like you said. You can easily get over 1000 points in drifts
    Are you doing this by continuously drifting both ways?
    Like start with a left drift and then turn right into a right drift and such.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I've noticed that the high performance the car has, the easier it is to drift and control.
    Have you noted which specific upgrade does this?
    Handling would seem to be the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Are you doing this by continuously drifting both ways?
    Like start with a left drift and then turn right into a right drift and such.
    I've done it both drifting one way & goin in one & the other right away too
  8.    #8  
    Just discovered a trick.
    Nitro boost out of a drift to automatically align and get all your style points.
    I do this sometimes, but it kills you if you end up needing that nitro moments later .
  10.    #10  
    Made an update to OP
    if u start to turn the opposite direction slowly while your in a drift you gain more points and come out of it clean, i have even started a drift in one direction then slipped into the other direction during the same drift. got like 1,421 style points for that
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Start the drift easy. No need to really jerk the pre to start or you"ll spin out. Once you start and have established the drift you can slowly increase your drift angle for more points. You should be able to get between 2-3,000 points per drift on the long slow curves. My best is just under 20,000 points in the Handbrake Cup (19,867 to be exact.)
    Pay attention to the road map in the upper left corner. You cannot drift on the straight away so you need to be aware when you are running out of curve.
    That's not entirely accurate. You can drift on the straight, though you will slowly lose speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. You can drift on the straight, though you will slowly lose speed.
    It usually ends my drift abruptly and causes me to loose my style points for the drift. Perhaps I just don't have the technique correct.
    Nice tips. it is very hard to master thats for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph a. reynolds View Post
    I do this sometimes, but it kills you if you end up needing that nitro moments later .
    in the drift mode events i dont know how to score points do you know how you do this please