Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if we can get a summary and analysis of who is having 3D game crashes to find a possible fix. I happened to notice that I was on v1.3.5 and I had the games crashing pretty often, but since upgrading to v1.3.5.1 I have not had any with over 20 minutes of playing and 4 launches (in the past I would have expected at least 4 crashes).

However, it's likely something else since I didn't see anything in the fix logs that would apply so if you want to join in post up!

WebOS Version: 1.3.5.1
    Preware: Yes
    Patches: Yes
    Rooted: No
    Themes: No
    Other possible relevant changes: None?
    Had crashes with this config: Not yet...
    History of 3D crashes: The first 2 quick races in Asphalt 5 were fine, but after that it seems the game would crash about 40-60% of the time when a race started. I also have the golf game, but I don't recall that crashing although it may have. Since upgrading to webOS 1.3.5.1 I've played over 20 minutes of Asphalt 5 and 4 launches (in the past I would have expected at least 4 crashes).
    My Sims 3 Game started crashing after i played for a while. I had v 1.3.5 and now im on v 1.3.5.1 and it still crashes. It crashes in the same place every time.
    Themes: Yes
    Sims 3 now crashes every time i try to go to town map
    It's probably because you had to restart when you updated. I would restart your phone after you install any new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa92 View Post
    My Sims 3 Game started crashing after i played for a while. I had v 1.3.5 and now im on v 1.3.5.1 and it still crashes. It crashes in the same place every time.
    Sims 3 now crashes every time i try to go to town map
    This happens to me if I have something growing in my garden when I try to go to town. Try harvesting your crops before trying to go to the town map. It doesn't crash if all my crops have been harvested. Kind of annoying but I can work around it. Otherwise very nice game.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
    This happens to me if I have something growing in my garden when I try to go to town. Try harvesting your crops before trying to go to the town map. It doesn't crash if all my crops have been harvested. Kind of annoying but I can work around it. Otherwise very nice game.
    Holy Crap Thank YOu ! Tht was my problem! Its running great now. Thank you so much.
    You r a lifesaver!
    Preware: No
    Patches: No
    Other possible relevant changes: No

Asphalt 5 crashes when level 7 is unlocked. Quick race works but career crashes every car every track every time.

Contact Gameloft Here:
    Find Mobile Games, Java Games - Find the Best iPhone Games Available | Gameloft
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by facetoface View Post
    It's probably because you had to restart when you updated. I would restart your phone after you install any new apps.
    No, I restarted about 4 times before upgrading the OS. I recall that did help with initial load problem, but the crashes continued.
    Then the apps probably need an update, especially the level 7 issue with NFS and the harvesting in Sims. Hopefully it's not a low memory issue or something. You would think the processor could handle these simple games.
    Last edited by facetoface; 01/08/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Zero game crashes here. I have been playing them non stop since Yesterday.

I think that those that are having crashes should list which patches they are running. Patches are always the problem around here.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    nothing has crashed for me, though I would delete the game thats crashing (since you purchased it you dont have to again of course) re download it then right after you download it reset it first, then launch it.
    rc and Ian what is the warranty date on your phones? in phone app hit ##786# and scroll down.

I think I have found the cause in asphalt. When you buy (or unlock) the motorcycle.
    Reseting progess fixes it until that point again.
    Rooted: Yes

Asphalt has crashed on me multiple times, usually right when a race is about to load, but sometimes in the middle of a race... But I really don't think any of this matters (except version, since hopefully the next one will have a fix for this issue). I also don't buy the "don't do anything while downloading it and the game will work" suggestions people have made. That doesn't make sense. The issue is, I'm quite sure, related to the PDK.
    dirtygreek I agree that doesn't matter.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ll-1945-a.html
    I think it's based on the manufacturer date. Earlier builds have more issues.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I been playing Glyder 2 the last 2 days for hours,no crashes until today. I did have sms ,and pandora open.
    Preware about 15 patches installed ,version1.3.5.1 no themes and A bad slider two screws came out from the inside Sprnt says is my fault and pay 100 deductible for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
    I have only had The Sims crash on me a few times until I recently planted a garden and I found myself unable to go anywhere without the game crashing. Like you suggested, as soon as I uprooted what I had planted everything is working fine again! Great catch - thanks for the tip!! Hope they fix this bug soon!
    Sim3 will crash when you try to go to the Town Map, often. The way to work around this is to force a Save and Continue before going to town, if you have done a bunch at home.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    NFSU loads but, crashes almost every race. I reinstalled and rebooted, and all that jazz, to no avail.

Rooted: Yes
    Themes: no
    MyTether: only run usb mode
    Warranty date code: 5-21-09
    Recondition Date: 8-15-09
    I have NFSU and it works perfectly. The day before I bought the game. I wiped my phone back to factory. Re downloaded all the updates. Added preware and the patches I had before.

Rooted: no
    Themes: yes

Mytether is on the phone but never used.
    NFS crashes a lot. I can usually run one race but it crashes during a second. The game can also crash out of setup screens. Occasionally, I get the "too many cards" error trying to launch the game.

I tried running Doctor on the Pre and that allowed me to run several races in a row but then the crashing started again and continued same as always.

Preware: No

Warranty Date 7/2/09
    I have NFSU. No crashes. Purchased it on Friday, 1/8/10.

Patches: Yes (many patches/mods)

And I also have a couple of patches that are corrupted (awaiting WebOS Repair Utility to fix this). I can't uninstall / repair them w/o full erase which will be my last resort (Webdr 1.3.5 did not help). Game has been running great.

I downloaded game (I did no multitasking during DL). After game was installed, I DID NOT run the game. I instead first did a phone restart. After the restart, I ran the game and it's been running like a champ with no crashes. I was on a phone call while playing NFSU and still no crash or lag (quick blip when I ended the call).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast